Online programming options
Georgian offers many programs that are fully online. Many of our online programs are through our OntarioLearn platform. Browse through our program options and apply for FREE!
Georgian’s OntarioLearn platform offers hundreds of online courses, whether you are new to Georgian or an existing Georgian student looking for online program courses.
Flexible learning: equivalencies
Looking to see if there is an online alternative to your in-class program course? Check our course equivalency chart to find online course options for your program.
OntarioLearn: a platform for online course equivalencies
Georgian’s OntarioLearn collaborates with 23 other Ontario colleges to deliver online programs and courses. This partnership allows us to offer many course equivalencies for Georgian programs.
We are proud of how many online course equivalencies we are able to offer because of our collaboration with 23 other Ontario colleges in the OntarioLearn consortium.
You can access an OntarioLearn instructor-led course 24/7 and don’t require extra equipment or software, and some courses offer additional intake dates to fall, winter and summer. This fantastic partnership offers access to online courses that aren’t available at the college (while still remaining a Georgian student).
I couldn’t have gone through and succeeded in college without the help I received from OntarioLearn. Their online courses are making it possible for me to achieve my Accounting diploma despite the difficulties and challenges I face.— Daniel Arnott, OntarioLearn student
OntarioLearn course checklist
- Looking for online course options in your program? Check out our equivalents chart for a full list of available courses.
- Current students register during add/drop for your OntarioLearn course through Banner or the Office of the Registrar.
- Check your Georgian student email account for your confirmation and login details.
- Order required course materials.
- Log in to your course on the start date (cannot access course prior to start date).
- Book your in-person exam online three weeks prior to the exam week (some courses require mid-term and final exams).
- Check Banner for your final grade up to three weeks after the course end date.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
All students enrolled with OntarioLearn will receive a confirmation letter from Georgian College in the form of an email to your student email. In your confirmation letter, it will explain all aspects of your OntarioLearn course. Please make sure you are reading this email in its entirety.
Go to mail.georgiancollege.ca.
- Full-time students who have confirmed an offer to a Georgian program: You will have received a confirmation letter or letter of acceptance identifying the login and default password for all student systems.
- Part-time students who have registered for individual courses through Continuing Education: You will receive this initial password to the preferred email provided after completing Georgian’s student number application.
- If you have forgotten your login or password, please reset your password using the password management service or contact the IT service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.728.1968, ext. 1732.
If your OntarioLearn course requires course material to be purchased, see here for textbook information.
On rare occasions, a course offered through OntarioLearn may need to be canceled. Therefore, please do not open any textbooks or software in case you need to return your learning materials.
For more information regarding Georgian Stores – Bear Essentials’ return policy, please visit the Georgian Stores website.
All Georgian registered OntarioLearn student marks are posted in Banner.
Within Banner, choose Academic Records and then select Display Academic Transcripts (Unofficial).
* Please keep in mind that instructors have three weeks after the exam period finishes to post final grades to the OntarioLearn grade system
You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection and web access for the duration of your course. High-speed broadband access, e.g. LAN, Cable or DSL, is highly recommended for the optimal learning experience. Some courses have more advanced learning system requirements.
- PC: Windows XP/ Vista/ Win7, 8, 8.1 Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- MAC: OS X Firefox, Chrome, Safari
* Some courses may require a Windows operating system to operate.
Students must access and use their own Internet account to connect to their online courses. An internet account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP) providing SLIP/PPP connections is required (freenet accounts will not work). High speed is recommended for the ideal learning experience. However, for the patient learner, a 56k dial-up connection will work. Cable or DLS connections will also work.
A graphical browser is required. In some instances, it may be necessary for some users to upgrade their web browser programs. Technical assistance is available through Embanet.
Most courses require word processing software. Individual courses may have additional technical and/or software requirements. This may include video or audio playing software or a specific software application.
In some instances, it may be necessary for users to upgrade their Flash or Java versions. Technical assistance is available through Embanet.
Depending on the learning management system being used to deliver your course, you may access and interact with most course elements, readings, multimedia, email and discussions through tablets and smartphones. While tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may allow for some completion of coursework, they are not guaranteed to work in all areas. Please ensure you have a PC- or Mac-based computer available to complete coursework.
We recommend that students do not attempt quizzes when using a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, due to compatibility issues.
Other flexible learning pathways
Explore our other programs and individual professional and personal development courses.
Our grads get jobs
To thrive at Georgian, you will:
- appreciate small class sizes
- enjoy spending time with like-minded friendly and inclusive people
- want to connect with industry-leading faculty who are committed to your success
- learn in an agile and innovative environment where opportunities become a reality
- experience real-world learning from industry leaders
Interested in taking an online course or program at Georgian through OntarioLearn? Connect with us today!
One Georgian Dr.
705.728.1968, ext. 1672 or 5116