Are you new to Canada? Do you want to communicate better at work?
OSLT is FREE work-oriented language training (180 hours) to help newcomers to Canada improve their workplace communication skills. If you are internationally trained or have experience in the field of business or information technology but are experiencing communication barriers in the workplace, OSLT can help.
How can OSLT help me?
OSLT courses can help you develop the language and communication skills necessary to:
- understand the workplace culture in your occupation or sector
- interact clearly and effectively with clients, co-workers and supervisors
- communicate effectively via email and telephone
- develop interview and networking skills
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- permanent resident or protected person, NOT a Canadian citizen
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of six in at least one skill area
- relevant training/education or experience in the specific field
Note: You do NOT need to be employed to be eligible.
- classes start every October and run until the end of March
- registering students now
- in class at Georgian College, Barrie Campus
- part-time evenings (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Other OSLT courses
- ask about OSLT courses for health, trades, technology and human services
For more information about OSLT or booking a CLB assessment contact: , ext. 5329.