OSLT is FREE work-oriented language training (140 hours) to help newcomers to Canada improve their workplace communication skills. Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and in partnership with Colleges Ontario, Georgian continues to provide information on pathways to employment and further education and training.
If you are internationally trained or have experience in the field of business, information technology, or health care but are experiencing communication barriers in the workplace, OSLT can help.
How can OSLT help me?
OSLT courses can help you develop the language and communication skills necessary to:
- understand the workplace culture in your occupation or sector
- interact clearly and effectively with clients, co-workers and supervisors
- communicate effectively via email and telephone
- develop interview and networking skills
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Permanent resident or protected person; NOT a Canadian citizen
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of six in at least one skill area
- Relevant training/education or experience in the specific field
Note: You do NOT need to be employed to be eligible.
This program will help you to:
- increase your confidence in using English when interacting with colleagues, clients, supervisors and other stakeholders
- improve your job interviewing and networking skills
- connect with employers, industry associations and employment resources
- understand business and tech workplaces in Ontario
This part-time course is for you if:
- you have training or experience as a manager in business or technology environments
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmark 6 to 8)
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person
When and where
- Runs Oct. 12, 2021 to March 10, 2022
- Delivered online via Zoom
- 3 ½ hours of synchronous class divided between Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 3 ½ hours of individual study per week
How to register
Seating is limited. Register today!
To register for this FREE Professional Managers program:
- email email@example.com
- call 705.728.1968, ext. 5329
Through this OSLT course, I’ve earned more than just knowledge. I attained a sense of community, a sense of belonging.
In class, I met professionals from all around the world, who were also navigating their new life in Ontario. Some already had their careers on track and wanted to upgrade their communication skills, others were still looking for a job that would fit their experience, and there were even several entrepreneurs among us who were already creating or planning to create new jobs here in Ontario. It was both a pleasure and an honour for me as a newcomer to participate in classes with such a brilliant and diverse audience.
Since March, I’ve started two bridging programs with Ryerson University, which I should finish by October. I got my first Canadian job last month. I’m sure the start that OSLT for Professional Managers at Georgian College gives would provide a lot of opportunities for many more professionals who chose Ontario as their new home.—Julia Rokhina (Read more about Julia’s OSLT success story)
Have questions? Need more information?
For more information about OSLT or booking a CLB assessment, please contact us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 5329