|Fall 2018||Barrie, South Georgian Bay|
Imagine working at 5-star hotels, luxurious resorts, restaurants, clubs, on cruise lines, and more. Consistently in the top colleges for graduate placement, this program offers over 500 hours of paid co-op work. With extensive experiential opportunities including field trips, practical labs, workplace certifications, and study and travel abroad, Georgian College, through our strategic industry partners, opens up an exciting hospitality career. As a professional, students experience a unique lifestyle and meet diverse people from around the world.
Student centered faculty focus on delivering innovative curriculum, industry expertise and employability skills in the pillars of the hospitality industry; entrepreneurial thinking, accounting and finance, marketing and sales, food and beverage, accommodations and human resources management.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS curriculum: OSSD or equivalent, with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Hospitality Skills and General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Hosp-Hotel and Resort Ops Mgmt articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ACCT1013 Accounting Fundamentals
- FNCE2013 Financial Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- FOSR1014 Food Preparation and Theory
- FOSR2003 Wine, Beer and Spirits
- FOSR2008 Food and Beverage Control Systems
- MATH1026 Math for Hospitality
- MGMT2001 Principles of Management
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG2034 Hotel and Convention Sales
- TOUR1003 Front Office and Guest Services
- TOUR1009 Dynamics of Hospitality and Tourism
- TOUR2031 Rooms Division/Facility Management
- FOSR1025 Food and Beverage Service
- MGMT2003 Human Resources Management
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
Optional CoursesTo be selected from College list
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Term
- COOP1040 Hospitality - Hotel and Resort Co-op Work Term 1