Come explore your options with us
The distinction between the roles of colleges and universities is not as clear as it once was. Today we live in a society where applied skills and theoretical knowledge must be integrated. Employers are looking for doers, thinkers, creators and leaders – all in one person.
Georgian has many programs, transfer credit options, articulation agreements and services in place to ensure you succeed.
Graduate job-ready with degree studies
We understand the world is changing. We know that students like you are looking for increasingly flexible options. That’s why we provide our own degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees with a growing number of partner institutions.
Georgian degree programs
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Automotive Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management and Leadership)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Golf Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Interior Design
- Honours Bachelor of Police Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Collaborative Program)
University partner programs
At the Georgian University Partnership Centre, we also work with our university partners to develop seamless and effective pathways for students. We are proud to partner with the following universities to provide these innovative postsecondary opportunities:
- Lakehead University: Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) degree with Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced diploma
- Lakehead University: Honours Bachelor of Arts and Science – Environmental Sustainability (Specialization in Ecosystem Management) degree with Environmental Technician diploma
- Lakehead University: Honours Bachelor of Science in Applied Life Sciences degree with Biotechnology – Health diploma
- Lakehead University: Honours Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree with Computer Programmer diploma
- Central Michigan University: Master of Arts degree in Education (Community College Concentration)
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology: RPN-BScN Degree Completion
- York University: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Collaborative Program)
Join our mailing list for more information on degree studies and transfer options at Georgian.
Studying at Lakehead-Georgian isn’t a typical experience. You get the best of both worlds.
Employers are looking for doers, thinkers, creators and leaders – all in one person. Our students will graduate with credentials from both Lakehead University and Georgian College. As a Lakehead-Georgian student you’ll be equipped with a blend of applied skills, academic scholarship, and critical reasoning that you’ll need to contribute to your workplace and community.
It's the best of both worlds, college and university combined! Get your degree and diploma in just four years. Graduate job-ready.
Central Ontario's only engineering degree! Get your degree and diploma in just four years. Graduate job-ready.
Get your degree and diploma in just four years! Prepare for a career in biotechnology, forensics, diagnostic laboratories and the health sector.
Get your degree and diploma in just four years! Understand and work with complex computer systems. Acquire practical skills to graduate job-ready.
Preparing for your future
Residence and housing
Lakehead-Georgian offers a variety of housing options to students – from on-campus residences to off-campus apartment buildings, room and board, and houses to rent or share.
Stay on campus
Student residences are located on campus at both Lakehead University and Georgian College. Our on-campus residences offer everything you need to make your experience fun and safe. First-year students are guaranteed a spot in residence.
If you’re looking for off-campus housing, we have information for renters and landlords who are looking to find or promote accommodations for students. We have also included a number of resources to help you protect yourself.
Meeting the needs of students and employers
Benefits to students
- Experience the best of university and college education in many integrated programs, earning both a university degree and college diploma in four years
- Be innovators who combine academic scholarship, applied skills and critical reasoning to contribute to their workplaces and communities
Benefits to employers
- Benefit from relevant programming to meet the evolving needs of the local economy
- Hire job-ready graduates with creative skills and mindsets who can hit the ground running
We have room to grow!
Lakehead and Georgian are already the two largest postsecondary institutions in Simcoe County. Together, we currently serve nearly 3,000 degree students – 1,430 at Lakehead and 1,550 in Georgian’s University Partnership Centre. We have room for an additional 800 students at Lakehead Orillia and 1,200 students at Georgian’s Barrie Campus.
With existing exceptional facilities at both Lakehead and Georgian, we can deliver a comprehensive university experience to more degree students.
Campus infrastructure includes:
- Combined facilities worth $540 million and covering more than 196 acres
- Laboratories, classrooms, libraries, restaurants, residence buildings, fitness centres and more
- Videoconferencing technology to serve students across the region and the province