Investing basics: How to start investing
Learn why investments matter and how to get started!
The Financial Aid and Awards presents ‘Thrifty Thursdays’, a series of workshops to help you stay on track financially.
Investing basics: how to start investing, welcomes back Jamie Madigan, Certified Financial Planner from BeaconPoint to Georgian College. Jamie uses his decades of financial industry experience to help people achieve their goals and dreams. During this workshop, you will learn:
- what is investing and why you might start investing
- types of investments and evaluating benefits and risks
- the potential for compound growth
- considerations before you invest including your risk threshold
- and much more…
In-person attendance is limited, and seats are given on a first come, first served basis. If you plan to attend in-person, we encourage you to bring your laptop and headset in case all seats are full. You are always welcome to attend virtually instead.
This workshop is eligible for your co-curricular record. Attend four out of five workshops in a semester and:
- be entered for a chance to win $250 on your ONEcard each semester*; and
- receive a Financial Literacy badge to display on LinkedIn