|Fall 2020||Barrie, Owen Sound, South Georgian Bay|
Students are prepared to assist in a wide variety of entry-level office settings by gaining skills and knowledge to support the management of an organization. By learning three key and interdependent functions: organization, processing information, and communication, students achieve a solid foundation to allow for further educational growth. Students may elect to transition for an additional year into enhanced and specialized learning leading to an Office Administration–Health Services or Office Administration-Executive diploma.
Initially, students in all Office Administration streams enroll in a common first semester. In their second semester, they have course selection options to complement the prescribed general curriculum. Students’ interests, skills, and career goals may lead to year 2 of the Office Administration – Health Services or Office Administration-Executive diploma.
Why study Office Administration - General at Georgian?
Our program provides you with the chance to explore a range of courses and career opportunities while providing you with a solid foundation to continue specialized learning in the legal, medical or executive Office Administration programs.
This one-year certificate program equips you with the skills you need to contribute to a wide variety of office settings. Develop your business and professional skills and become a qualified office assistant. Choose your career from many different industries. Our courses reflect current industry trends and requirements and prepare you for a variety of entry-level administrative assistant and clerical positions.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- complete the program part-time
- register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
- finish the program in two years part-time
Visit the Office Administration - General part-time program page for details and contact information.
Graduates of this program may be employed in a variety of entry-level administrative assistant and clerical positions in manufacturing, transportation, telecommunications, entertainment, government, education, banking and numerous professional services.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/policies-procedures/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
- COMP 1012 - Introduction to Business Documentation (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- COMP 1048 - Introduction to Keyboarding (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- OFAD 1001 - Office Procedures and Strategies (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- OFAD 1007 - Computer Applications 1 for the Office (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- COMP 1013 - Advanced Business Documentation (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1034 - Office Math Applications (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- OFAD 1003 - Multi-Media Language Processing (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- OFAD 1020 - Computer Applications 2 for the Office (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- Program Option Course - Select 1 course from the program option courses listed below during registration. (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 1)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 2)
General education courses
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration. (Semester 1)