During this foundation year, students embark on a personal journey of discovery. Students develop a solid academic base, assess education and career options, and develop self-management skills. Through Indigenous language and teachings, students explore their sense of cultural identity. Traditional teachings and smudging are integrated daily throughout each academic semester in social activities, individual program courses, and Traditional Teacher/Elder visits.
Please note: Indigenous includes First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Non Status People.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent Grade 12 English ( C ) or ( U ) (ENG4C, ENG4U) is strongly recommended and will be used in selection. Also recommended: Grade 11 College Biology (SBI3C).
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the GenArtSci-Shki Miikan(NewRoad) articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- COMP1003 Microcomputer Applications
- GNED1010 Ojibwe Language and Culture 1
- GNED2055 Ojibwe Language and Culture 2
- INDG1000 Personal Growth and Development
- INDG1001 Indigenous Heritage, Tradition and Culture
- INDG1002 Indigenous Community and Family Life
- INDG1003 Introduction to Psychology: An Indigenous Perspective
- INDG1004 Holistic Health and Healing