Kitchen Theory & Operation
Students gain an understanding of the basics of food preparation, equipment safety, sanitation, hygiene, and the overall operation of a commercial kitchen. Students develop essential skills, knowledge, and professional attitudes required to work as part of a hospitality team in or around the kitchen and front of the house.
- provide a safe and healthy dietary environment.
- understand government regulations relating to food safety and alcohol service
- gain a provincial food handler certification
- gain a provincial smart serve certification
- comply with and practice safe work habits, identify safety hazards, employ preventative safety measures
For more information, please contact Continuing Education