Arriving at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- When you arrive at Toronto Pearson International Airport, you will pass through Canadian customs. For more information, please visit the Canada Border Services Agency website.
- Once you have picked up your luggage, proceed through the arrivals gate. DO NOT exit the terminal.
- Look for the iCent airport welcome booth, airport greeter or proceed directly to the Ground Transportation Desk. In Terminal 3, walk out of arrivals, turn left, walk past door D and the desk will be on your right side. In Terminal 1, walk out of arrivals, turn right, walk until you see the ground transportation sign, take the escalator down to the ground floor, turn left and the desk will be on your left side.
- When you arrive at the desk, give them your name and say you have booked an airport pickup.
If you have a cell phone, add the airport greeter phone number 705.791.2522 to your contact list, or search 705.791.2522 on WeChat or WhatsApp.
Airport pickup for Barrie, Orillia, Midland and Collingwood students
Airport pickup is provided by Simcoe County Airport Service, which is a company independent of Georgian College.
You must book your airport pickup at least 72 hours before departure to Canada and have a Homestay confirmation or have the address of your drop-off destination. Once you know where you will be living, you can then complete the online request.
To make an airport pickup request, click the green button to the right. Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours from firstname.lastname@example.org. The fee for airport pickup is $100 CDN.
If you do NOT make a reservation with Simcoe County Airport Service, you will be treated as a new arrival with no reservation. As a result:
- You will be responsible for paying for your own transportation from Pearson International Airport to Georgian.
- Students with reservations will be given priority. You will not be given priority seating and will have to wait in sequential order until a seat becomes available.
- The airport greeter’s first priority is to assist students with reservations, a greeter may or may not be available to assist you.
Please note there is no airport pickup on Dec. 24 or 25. Cancellations must be made by email 72 hours before departure to email@example.com and AirportGreeter@GeorgianCollege.ca to be considered for a refund.
Airport pickup for Owen Sound and Orangeville students
Airport pickup is provided by Grey Bruce Airbus, which is a company independent of Georgian College.
You must book your airport pickup at least five days before departure. If arranged ahead of time, our airport greeters can be at the airport to greet you and assist you in finding the ground transportation desk.
To book your airport pickup
- click the green button to the right
- click on the reservations tab and select Toronto Pearson Airport as your origin point
- select either Owen Sound or Orangeville as your destination
- enter the correct flight details and terminal number
- follow the instructions online for payment
- email the International Student Services Officer to notify Georgian of your arrival date
- Owen Sound:
- The Grey Bruce Airbus will drop you off at the Quality Inn Hotel at 950 6th St. E., Owen Sound
- The Grey Bruce Airbus will drop you off at the Tim Hortons at 46 Broadway Ave., Orangeville
If you have arranged housing, please see if you can arrange for a roommate or host to pick you up from this location. If you have not arranged housing, please visiting our housing webpage.
If you are leaving the drop-off location, you may need call a taxi to transport you there.
Frequently asked questions
What is an airport greeter?
An airport greeter is a student from Georgian College who will meet you at the airport and guide you to the ground transportation desk. Once in arrivals, look for one of our airport greeters holding a sign saying “Georgian College.” He or she will be wearing a Georgian College T-shirt. You can reach the airport greeter by calling 705.791.2522.
What if I cannot find the airport greeter?
As soon as you retrieve your luggage and have gone through customs, you can proceed directly to the ground transportation desk where you will check in. Vans leave the terminal every hour, so there will always be a van for you.
What if I can’t find the ground transportation desk?
Ask someone who works at the airport where to find the ground transportation desk. This is a well-known centre and all airport staff will know where to find it. If you still can’t find the ground transportation desk, call 1.800.461.7529 and tell them your name and location.
What if I don’t make an airport pickup reservation online?
- You will be responsible for paying for your own transportation from Pearson International Airport.
- Students with reservations will be given priority. You will have to wait in sequential order until a seat becomes available.
- The airport greeter’s first priority is to assist students with reservations. A greeter may or may not be available to assist you.
Want to learn more about studying at Georgian as an international student?
Georgian’s international team is here to help you find a program that is right for you and help you settle in to your new home at one of our seven campuses in Ontario.