Top summer things to do after class around Georgian Bay
July 15, 2022
College isn’t all about being in the classroom. Studying at the Midland Campus? Looking for something fun to do?
- Love movies? There’s always something great playing at Galaxy Cinemas.
- Hop on your bike or lace up your runners to explore Midland on one of the many crisscrossing recreational trails.
- Into art? The city is home to many beautiful murals. Find out where they are and check each off your list.
- Located at Rotary Champlain Wendat Park, Penetanguishene’s Splash Pad is a great place to enjoy the cool water on a hot and sunny day!
- Pack a snack and head down to Little Lake Park or one of many other parks in the area.
- Go camping, hiking, biking or explore the beaches at Awenda Provincial Park.
- You can also check out one of the great trails, parks and beaches in Tiny Township.
- Visit the Huronia Museum and its exhibit gallery featuring thousands of historic artifacts, photographs, native archaeology and art by members of the Group of Seven, and others.
- Meet the creatures of the Wye Marsh Conservation Centre and get lost on the trails.
- Take in some historical adventures at Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons.
- Go on a ghost tour at Discovery Harbour . . . boo!
- There are several great restaurants downtown.
- Take a show in at the Midland Cultural Centre.
- Walk downtown to the waterfront docks in Midland or Penetanguishene for ice-cream or a drink on a patio.
Ask your Georgian College Students’ Association rep (room 121) or drop by the front desk to find out about other activities in the area. We’re happy to help you find your way around the community. You can also check out other neat things to do all year round at Midland Tourism.
Photos courtesy of the City of Midland
This post was originally published June 2019 and updated July 2022 and April 2023.