COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Barrie Campus Oct. 27
Oct. 18, 2022
Georgian College is holding another vaccination clinic on Oct. 27 at the Barrie Campus where students, employees and local community members 18 years and older can get any dose of a COVID-19 vaccination that they are eligible for.
The clinics are co-ordinated by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) in partnership with Georgian’s Health, Wellness and Sciences department. Nursing and paramedic students will be helping with immunizations and monitoring after care.
The vaccination clinic will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the gym located in the Student Life Centre (J building). Community members can use the Duckworth Street entrance and follow on-campus signage to J building, where they will enter the college through the covered walkway leading into the athletic centre. Anyone attending the clinic must wear a Level-1 procedural face mask, which will be provided if you don’t have one.
What clinic attendees need to know:
- You can obtain a dose of any COVID-19 vaccine you are eligible for
- If it’s not your first dose, your previous dose must have been received at least three months ago
- You must bring your health card; international students must bring proof of identification as an alternate to a health card (e.g. passport)
- Please note: If you received any of your previous vaccine doses from outside Ontario or Canada, please upload your proof of vaccination to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website before coming to the clinic.
- Scroll to “Submitting proof of vaccination documents” and follow the instructions
- This will assist in making your vaccination appointment go smoothly
- Walk-ins are accepted, but booked appointments are preferred to avoid long wait times. If you’re unable to attend the clinic after booking, please cancel your appointment.
- Free parking will be provided at the clinic