|Fall 2018||South Georgian Bay, Orangeville, Barrie, Owen Sound|
Students acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform in the administrative health field. Students learn document production, medical terminology, transcription, electronic health records, human anatomy, as well as courses in communication and social sciences. Students have the opportunity for hands-on learning.
Initially, students in all Office Administration streams enroll in a common first semester. Eligible students in this program are offered the opportunity for office experience within the health services community.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG 4C, ENG 4U) Also recommended: any Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP 4C or MCT 4C), or any Grade 12 University Mathematics.
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications*
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Office Admin-Health Services articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- COMP1012 Introduction to Business Documentation
- COMP1013 Advanced Business Documentation
- COMP1048 Introduction to Keyboarding
- COMP2026 Integrated Office Simulations
- COMP2027 Computerized Administrative Simulations
- MATH1034 Office Math Applications
- OFAD1001 Office Procedures and Strategies
- OFAD1003 Multi-Media Language Processing
- OFAD1006 Introduction to Medical Terminology
- OFAD1007 Computer Applications 1 for the Office
- OFAD1020 Computer Applications 2 for the Office
- OFAD2000 Anatomy for Health Services 1
- OFAD2001 Health Services Transcription 1
- OFAD2004 Health Services Transcription 2
- OFAD2006 Anatomyfor Health Services 2
- OFAD2014 Bookkeeping for the Office Professional
- OFAD2015 Administrative Support and Records Management
- OFAD2025 Electronic Medical Office
- OFAD2026 Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) for Health Services