Students develop the skills and knowledge appropriate for an entry-level position in business. Completion of the program provides students with a solid business foundation, while exposure to core business courses allows them to understand the different areas of business and better choose an area of focus. After successful completion of the program, students are eligible to enrol in a number of Georgian’s Business diploma programs.
Tuition and fees
What are the admission requirements for the Business Fundamentals program?
Business Fundamentals admission requirements
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 111 or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U)
Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/academic-regulations/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
What career paths can I take in business?
Your Business Fundamentals certificate gives you many career opportunities
Career opportunities may include, but are not limited to, sales, marketing and customer service. Employers may include banks, finance, trust and insurance companies, computer firms, government ministries and agencies, producers of consumer and industrial products, wholesalers, retailers, private companies and non-profit.
Flex MORE. Study Business Fundamentals part-time
Benefits of studying part-time:
- Register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
- Online and evening courses that fit your schedule
- MORE choices. We are always adding more flexible delivery programs and courses.
What you need to know:
What courses are included in the Business Fundamentals certificate program?
9 Program Courses
2 Communications Courses
1 General Education Course
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Business Fundamentals program outline.
- ACCT 1000 – Financial Accounting Principles 1
- BUSI 1001 – Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- COMP 1003 – Microcomputer Applications
- MATH 1002 – Mathematics of Finance
- MKTG 1000 – Introduction to Marketing
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration.
- BUSI 2005 – Customer Service
- ECON 1000 – Microeconomics
- HURM 1000 – Human Resources Management Foundations
- MKTG 2033 – Professional Edge
Do you have questions about Business Fundamentals? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact our student recruitment team to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1218