|Fall 2019||Orangeville, Owen Sound|
This program is intended for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge appropriate for an entry-level position in business. Completion of the program will provide the student with a solid business foundation, while exposure to core business courses will allow students to understand the different areas of business and better choose an area of focus. After successful completion of the program, a student will be eligible to enrol in a number of Georgian's Business diploma programs.
Career opportunities include, but are not limited to, management trainee, sales management, personnel officer in addition to entrepreneurial opportunities. Employers include banks, finance, trust and insurance companies, computer firms, government ministries and agencies, producers of consumer and industrial products, wholesalers, retailers, private companies and non-profit.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U)
Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/policies-procedures/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/credit-transfer/
For a Winter start with Automotive Program options or Aviation Program options, please consult the respective Program Coordinator when selecting your courses.
- ACCT 1000 - Financial Accounting Principles 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- BUSI 1001 - Introduction to Organizational Behaviour (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1002 - Mathematics of Finance (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MKTG 1000 - Introduction to Marketing (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- COMP 1003 - Microcomputer Applications (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HURM 1000 - Human Resources Management Foundations (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- Select 4 courses from the available list during registration. Contact the program co-ordinator for further details. (Semester 2 / 168 hours)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 1)
General education courses
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration. (Semester 1)