Students develop the skills and knowledge appropriate for an entry-level position in business. Completion of the program provides students with a solid business foundation, while exposure to core business courses allows them to understand the different areas of business and better choose an area of focus. After successful completion of the program, students are eligible to enrol in a number of Georgian’s Business diploma programs.
Additional program-specific fee information for Business and Management programs.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- study online, onsite or a combination of online and onsite delivery — you choose
- complete the program in two years or fast track to finish in four semesters
- register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
- take up to three courses per semester as a part-time student, creating your own plan
Visit the Business Fundamentals part-time program page for details and contact information.
Career opportunities may include, but are not limited to, sales, marketing and customer service. Employers may include banks, finance, trust and insurance companies, computer firms, government ministries and agencies, producers of consumer and industrial products, wholesalers, retailers, private companies and non-profit.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 111 or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U)
Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/policies-procedures/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
- ACCT 1000 - Financial Accounting Principles 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- BUSI 1001 - Introduction to Organizational Behaviour (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- COMP 1003 - Microcomputer Applications (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1002 - Mathematics of Finance (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MKTG 1000 - Introduction to Marketing (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 1)
- BUSI 2005 - Customer Service (Semester 1)
- ECON 1000 - Microeconomics (Semester 1)
- HURM 1000 - Human Resources Management Foundations (Semester 1)
- MKTG 2033 - Professional Edge (Semester 1)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 2)
General education courses
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration. (Semester 2)