An administrative professional with shoulder-length, dark brown hair and glasses, wearing a bright yellow collared blouse and holding a black binder against their chest in front of a bookcase

Earn your Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) designation

Canadian Certified Administrative Professional

Advance your professional development and demonstrate your aptitude as an office administrator. Gain a competitive edge in your job search or career advancement!

Program information

Program description

The Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) is a certification for administrative professionals. Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP) members are encouraged to attain the CCAP designation.

Please direct questions about the CCAP designation to the Association of Administrative Professionals.

Please note:

The Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) program is not administered through Georgian College.

The AAP administers the CCAP program, but the educational component of the CCAP designation is met by completing seven courses available at accredited universities and colleges across Canada.

What courses are included in the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional program?

The courses required by AAP available through Georgian College are listed in the equivalency chart found on this page. The chart below shows active courses in this semester.

How do I apply to the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional program?

Register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go

Part-time students do not go through an application process for this program. To register for courses, you’ll need a Georgian College student number and declare your major. Declaring a major allows you to take all courses under that major.

  1. Request a student number via the online form
  2. Declare your major by emailing or calling 705.722.1511
  3. From the course listing, select the course(s) you want to register for
  4. Add the course(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout and submit payment

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Finance and fees

Are part-time students eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?Georgian College Chevron

As a part-time student, you may be eligible for OSAP funding, depending on the number of courses you take per semester.

For more information about OSAP, including eligibility requirements and how to apply, visit the OSAP/financial aid webpage.

What is the cost of the program?Georgian College Chevron

As a part-time student, you can take one to three courses per semester, paying on a course-by-course basis.

For course fee information, select a course from the course information section of this page.

Online learning

What is an OntarioLearn (ODE) course?Georgian College Chevron

These courses are offered through OntarioLearn. Visit the OntarioLearn webpage to learn more.

OntarioLearn courses are set up as equivalents to the Georgian courses. You can choose to take the ODE courses or the Georgian courses.

When a Georgian course isn’t available to be delivered online, we’ve listed an OntarioLearn course in the delivery schedule. The majority of the Georgian courses have ODE equivalents set up. You can choose to take either course.

Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)

Can I transfer credits or prior life or work experience to fast track my studies?Georgian College Chevron

Previous postsecondary education: If you’ve completed courses, or some or all of a program, at another accredited postsecondary institution, you may be able to transfer all or some of your courses into a related program at Georgian.

Relevant work or life experience: If you have relevant work and/or life experience that relates to your program(s) of interest at Georgian, Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is an academic credit option.

To learn more about transfer credit and PLAR, visit the Credit for Prior Learning webpage.

Do you have questions about Canadian Certified Administrative Professional? Contact us!

Questions about the program?

Continuing Education

Need help with registration?

Office of the Registrar