Current Georgian College students may attempt the online Communications Placement Assessment (CPA) to determine the appropriate Communications course to register in. You are permitted one attempt at the CPA. Please note, the CPA is not an exemption test.
- If you write the CPA and score 260 in both the Reading and Writing sections, you may enrol in any communications course.
- If you write the CPA and score 259 or less in both the Reading and Writing sections, you must enrol in Communication Essentials (COMM 1016).
The testing fee is included in your tuition and ancillary fees, so no additional payment is required.
How to prepare for the CPA
- You will need access to reliable internet and a laptop or desktop computer with a microphone and webcam.
- We encourage you to review the practice test materials: Reading and Writing.
- Please allow at least two hours minimum for your scheduled test date and time. The CPA is not timed, so you are permitted to take as long as you need to write the test.
How to schedule a CPA
To schedule a CPA, please email email@example.com or call 1.877.722.1523.