Top five benefits of being a member
- Get exclusive discounts from more than 40 partners through the Perks program
- Keep up-to-date with what’s happening at Georgian:
- Celebrate the achievements of our graduates through profiles and annual award celebrations
- Take advantage of volunteer opportunities such as participating in events like convocation and Open House
- Get help planning reunions
As soon as you graduate, you automatically become a member of the Georgian College Alumni Association.
The Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council is led by a dedicated group of volunteers who help fulfil the Alumni Association’s vision.
Consider joining the Alumni Association Executive Council
The Georgian College Alumni Association is currently seeking graduates with a passion for their alma mater who:
- have proven leadership skills
- are comfortable with public speaking
- wre inspired to mentor others
- wish to expand their professional network
- have previous board experience (an asset, but not required)
- are passionate about helping students and alumni achieve their goals
- have experienced success due, in part, to their Georgian College postsecondary education
- are interested in supporting the growth and evolution of Georgian College
- like to meet new people from all walks of life who share the common thread of being educated at Georgian College
If you are interested in joining this dynamic group, please complete the Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council application form and submit this along with your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative from Georgian.
Current Alumni Association Executive Council
Stephen Roth, Chair: Electronic Technician, 1978
Owein Chivers, Member: Business Administration – Marketing, 2012
Lisa McCarthy-Tamblyn, Member: Nursing, 1985
Shaun McCracken, Member: Business Administration – Professional Golf Management, 2010
Jake Vella, Member: Human Resources Management, 2005
Jeremy Wyant, Member: Business Administration – Automotive Marketing, 2008 and Bachelor of Applied Business – Automotive Management, 2009
Amanda Baysarowich, Member: Developmental Services Worker, 2006 and Addictions: Treatment and Prevention, 2008
Joe Beleskey, Member: Business Marketing, 1984
Kevin Collins, Member: Tourism Management, 1985
Graham Bull, Member: Dental Assisting, 2006 and Business Administration – General, 2012
GeorgianView is Georgian’s annual publication to more than 50,000 alumni, donors and friends of the college.
It focuses on Georgian successes, alumni profiles, tips for career development and stories about donors and industry partners who are helping to grow the opportunities available to students.
Below are links to past editions of GeorgianView.
Want to be a part of the 2017 golden edition? Download the advertising package and rate card.
Georgian College Advancement and Community Development Department
c/o Alumni Office
Room E200, Barrie Campus
One Georgian Dr.
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1128
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Barrie Campus, Room E200
If you are an entrepreneur or in a leadership position in a business, we encourage you to share your success story in the comments box provided. We use these stories to inspire our students. If you’re interested in becoming a mentor to students, please indicate this in the comment box.