Cultural immersion in a higher education environment
We provide the necessary skills for students to succeed in postsecondary, work and life in Canada. Our four-level program, accredited by Languages Canada, is available to both international and domestic students.
- We offer six starting dates per year at the beginning of January, March, May, July, September and November.
- Each semester consists of 14 weeks of classroom instruction and the minimum period of study is seven weeks
- Our courses are designed to improve speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar skills, and include computer-assisted language learning
- Successful completion of EAP (Level 4) meets the language admission requirement for all Georgian College diploma or degree programs – the student level is determined by an in-house placement test
- Our multi-media classrooms and language lab, TESL-certified teachers and college activities create an ideal environment for non-native speakers of English to practise and improve their English skills
- Students in Level 4 can take a college credit course while studying in EAP 4
- Students who pass EAP 4 gain direct entry into postsecondary programs
On your first day, you’ll take a placement test which will determine the best level for you. You will be required to attend a college and community orientation prior to commencing your English program.
- English for Academic Purposes, Level 1, 2, 3
- English for Academic Purposes, Level 4
Please contact us for more information.
Why study English at Georgian?
- Our English program offers fast and efficient progression that combines intensive studies, social and cultural activities, providing international students with a deep cultural and social integration
- Specific start dates and groups do not rotate – 24 hours of classes per week
- International groups – more than 25 different student nationalities
- Reduced number of students per classroom – highly qualified teachers
- Library and multi-media lab – social and cultural field trips
- Speaking, reading and writing clubs with Canadian students
- Full use of all college facilities: cafeteria, library, gymnasium, fitness centre, and much more . . .
Are you new to Canada? Do you want to communicate better at work?
OSLT is FREE work-oriented language training (180 hours) to help newcomers to Canada improve their workplace communication skills. If you are internationally trained or have experience in the field of business or information technology but are experiencing communication barriers in the workplace, OSLT can help.
How can OSLT help me?
OSLT courses can help you develop the language and communication skills necessary to:
- Understand the workplace culture in your occupation or sector
- Interact clearly and effectively with clients, co-workers and supervisors
- Communicate effectively via email and telephone
- Develop interview and networking skills
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Permanent resident or protected person, NOT a Canadian citizen
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of six in at least one skill area
- Relevant training/education or experience in the specific field
Note: You do NOT need to be employed to be eligible.
- Ongoing registration for fall 2016
- Blended delivery – in class at Georgian College, Barrie campus, and online work
- Part-time evenings (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Ongoing registration for fall 2016
- Blended, multi-site with Sheridan College hosting
- Barrie and surrounding area students come to Georgian College, Barrie Campus (video conferenced), and online work
- Part-time, evenings
For more information about OSLT or booking a CLB assessment contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705.728.1968, ext. 5329.