Support student success by attending Georgian College’s premier black tie fundraiser – the Georgian Golden Gala takes place at Casino Rama Resort on Friday, Nov. 10, 2017 and will include a cocktail reception, gourmet dinner, silent and live auction, and entertainment. All proceeds from the gala will support student awards and scholarships.
Be sure to bookmark GeorgianCollege.ca/gala and return often for news and updates!
Welcome to the home of big-time excitement!
Value sponsor Casino Rama Resort™ creates the perfect entertainment experience, blending hot casino action, luxury accommodation and fine dining with big-name concerts. As one of the province’s premier entertainment destinations, the Casino Rama Resort features more than 2,500 of the latest slot machines and over 110 gaming tables, including an 11-table poker room.
When it’s time to take a break from the action, Casino Rama Resort’s eight unique restaurants and all-suite hotel – with full-service spa – are just the ticket. If you’re planning a group outing, corporate getaway or a special event, our dedicated team will help plan the perfect day in our flexible 16,000-square-foot conference space.
Casino Rama Resort is an outstanding corporate neighbour that provides ongoing local support through our Casino Rama Cares community program. Since 1996, more than $12 million has been provided to assist local organizations, agencies and charities.
For more information and directions, please visit casinoramaresort.com.
Are you interested in supporting awards and scholarships for deserving students as a sponsor of the 2017 Georgian Golden Gala? Please review our sponsorship package.
If you have any questions about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Stephanie Knight at 705.728.1968, ext. 5446 or email@example.com.
Ticket sales and registration
Tickets are $500 per person or $5,000 for a table of 10.
To register for individual tickets or a corporate table at the Georgian Dream Gala, there are two options:
- Online registration and payment.
- Complete the Georgian Golden Gala registration form and submit it by email, fax or mail with a cheque or credit card payment. Details are provided on the form.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact Melissa Quinlan at 705.728.1968, ext. 1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entertainment and emcee
The evening’s entertainment at the 2014 Georgian Gala was a compilation of exciting acts that included Georgian students, community partners, a popular Canadian personality and a Juno award-winning musician.
MC Suhana Meharchand – host of CBC News Now
A two-time Gemini Award nominee, Suhana has hosted numerous CBC News programs, including Saturday Report and weekend programs on CBC Newsworld. She hosted the CBC regional news program in Toronto for five years.
Heavily involved in the community, Suhana’s many community activities include Performers for Literacy, Gems of Hope, Redwood Shelter for Women and Children, the Canadian Paraplegic Association, the Hospital for Sick Children and the Princess Margaret Breast Cancer Centre.
Suhana has won awards from the Columbus International Film & Video Festival as well as the New York Film and TV Festival. She is the recipient of a Paul Harris Fellowship from Rotary International.
Headliner Kim Mitchell
Singer-songwriter Kim Mitchell is a true Canadian rock icon who has achieved gold and multi-platinum status over a long and storied career, starting early on as leader of the musically eclectic Max Webster, a band who in the late 70’s defined “alternative” and “independent” long before the words became cliché.
Post-Max Webster, Mitchell has sold over 1.5-million recordings and toured constantly over a lengthy solo career that remains creatively vibrant to this day.
Along the way, he has won three Juno Awards for Most Promising Male Vocalist of the Year, Album of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year. In the late 70’s and through all of the 80’s, Kim toured the largest arenas in the country and today continues to perform at festivals, casinos and performing arts theatres nationally.
He is a gifted and peer-respected guitar player as well as an acclaimed songwriter, having penned and recorded classic hits like Go For Soda, Rock N Roll Duty, Patio Lanterns, I Am a Wild Party, Easy To Tame and All We Are, to name just a few – all songs that have become part of the Canadian musical landscape.
Reception entertainment Code Blue
Code Blue was formed in 2008 through the Barrie medical community as a fundraising band that supports local charities and the arts community. Band members include:
- Scott Mackenzie, lead singer/guitar – surgeon at RVH
- Paul Wilson, piano/guitar/singer – emergency room doctor at RVH
- Jim Delaney, lead guitar/saxophone/singer – surgeon at RVH
- Shawn Murray, drums – spouse of an RVH doctor
- Gary Murray, bass – sibling of a band member
Silent and live auction donors
Thanks to everyone who made a donation to our live and silent auctions at the 2014 Georgian Gala:
Live auction donors
- Bill Le Boeuf Jewellers
- Crossworks Manufacturing Ltd.
- Georgian College – Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Mike and Lesley Stollery
- Radisson Sudbury
- Ali Khonsari, Image Dental Laboratory Ltd.
- Barrie Colts Junior Hockey Ltd.
- Blue Mountain Resort
- Brand Blvd.
- Captain Phil Pilgram
- Casino Rama
- Chelsea Chocolates
- Cineplex Media
- Cravings Fine Food Market and Catering
- Georgian Athletic and Fitness Centre
- Georgian Bay Airways
- Georgian College Dental program
- Georgian College Digital Photography and Imaging program
- Georgian College Fine Arts Museum and Gallery Studies
- Georgian College Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation programs
- Georgian College Hair Studio
- Georgian College Owen Sound Campus
- Georgian College Part-time Studies
- Georgian Spa and Esthetics Clinic
- Grace Adele
- Graydon Oldfield
- H.J. Phaff Motors
- i.d. Hair Studio
- Janet Kemp Ladies Fashion
- John Marvin, POI Business Interiors
- John Winkels
- Jon Montgomery
- Larche Communications
- Martin House Art
- Metroland North Media Group
- Michael and Marion’s
- Neil Chomos, BFit Personal Training
- Rob Butler
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Skyline Hotels and Resorts
- Snow Valley Barrie
- Squire John’s Ski Shop
- Steve Chantler, Chantler Transport Inc.
- Taboo Muskoka
- The Barrie Country Club
- The Last Class Bar and Grill
- The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
- Tim Higgins, I Need A Drone
- Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
- Toronto Rapters
- YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
- York Regional Police
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact Stephanie Knight, Manager, Resource Development, 705.728.1968, ext. 5446 or email@example.com.