In this program, students gain the knowledge and skills of basic fire science, fire suppression principles and practice, first responder emergency care, and fire prevention and public education. This program also provides students with specialty knowledge in confined space and water and ice rescue.
This three semester program meets the following National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards:
NFPA 1001, Standard for Firefighter Professional Qualifications: Firefighter I and Firefighter II,
NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents,
NFPA 1006, Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents.
OSSD or equivalent with
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG 4C, ENG 4U); plus any Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP 4C or MCT 4C), or any Grade 12 U University Mathematics
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
- Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
- Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Click apply and close to turn on or off white on black text (high contrast mode)
More accessibility options coming soon.
Choose a language to translate the page into:
WARNING: The page will be translated with Google machine translation. Translation is not perfect. Please contact us if you have any questions.
use +/- to expand menu options