|Fall 2018||South Georgian Bay, Owen Sound, Orangeville, Barrie|
Students are prepared to assist in a wide variety of entry-level office settings by gaining skills and knowledge to support the management of an organization. By learning three key and interdependent functions: organization, processing information, and communication, students achieve a solid foundation to allow for further educational growth. Students may elect to transition for an additional year into enhanced and specialized learning leading to an Office Administration–Health Services or Office Administration-Executive diploma.
Initially, students in all Office Administration streams enroll in a common first semester. In their second semester, they have course selection options to complement the prescribed general curriculum. Students’ interests, skills, and career goals may lead to year 2 of the Office Administration – Health Services or Office Administration-Executive diploma.
Why study Office Administration - General at Georgian?
Our program provides you with the chance to explore a range of courses and career opportunities while providing you with a solid foundation to continue specialized learning in the legal, medical or executive Office Administration programs.
This one-year certificate program equips you with the skills you need to contribute to a wide variety of office settings. Develop your business and professional skills and become a qualified office assistant. Choose your career from many different industries. Our courses reflect current industry trends and requirements and prepare you for a variety of entry-level administrative assistant and clerical positions.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS curriculum: OSSD or equivalent, with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U) Also recommended: Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP4C or MCT4C), or any Grade 12 University Mathematics.
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations and General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- COMP1012 Introduction to Business Documentation
- OFAD1001 Office Procedures and Strategies
- OFAD1003 Multi-Media Language Processing
- COMP1013 Advanced Business Documentation
- COMP1048 Introduction to Keyboarding
- OFAD1007 Computer Applications 1 for the Office
- MATH1034 Office Math Applications
- OFAD1020 Computer Applications 2 for the Office