An accounting education helps you to understand “the numbers” which is critical to the success of every type of business. If you are a logical thinker and enjoy the challenge of unravelling the mystery of numbers then this program is for you. In this increasingly complex and competitive business environment, accounting skills are very much in demand.
The program provides a foundation in all of the functional business areas and a comprehensive education in specific accounting practices and theory. Through a strong focus on application both in the classroom and through co-op work terms, students develop the skills needed for success in the business world; analytical thinking, problem solving, communication and teamwork. Students graduate ready to enter the workforce and support the accounting activities of any organization.
Why study Business - Accounting at Georgian?
Our students give rave reviews about their faculty who excel at finding interesting and meaningful ways to explain even the most complex accounting principles in a way that makes sense.
Georgian is a recognized leader in student work experience - you'll get the hands-on experience you need to give you an advantage in the career marketplace.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 11* or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U) *Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U); plus any Grade 11* or 12 College level mathematics (MBC3C, MAP4C or MCT4C) or 11* or 12 University level mathematics (MCF3M, MCR3U, MCV4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MHF4U or MDM4U). (*Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level mathematics MCB3C, MCF3M or MCR3U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
- Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
- Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Business - Accounting articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ACCT1000 Financial Accounting Principles 1
- ACCT1001 Financial Accounting Principles 2
- ACCT2001 Intermediate Accounting 1
- ACCT2003 Cost Accounting 1
- FNCE2002 Taxation
- ACCT2002 Intermediate Accounting 2
- ACCT2000 Cost Accounting 2
- BUSI1001 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- MATH1002 Mathematics of Finance
- COMP1003 Microcomputer Applications
- ECON1000 Microeconomics
- STAT2000 Statistics 1
- ECON2000 Macroeconomics
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- LAWS2000 Business Law
- ACCT1014 Applied Accounting Applications
- BUSI1019 Payroll Administration
- FNCE2010 Financial Management
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Terms
- COOP1008 Business Work Term 1
- COOP2025 Business Accounting Work Term 2