Big Data allows users to visualize past, present, and future patterns by linking and presenting information in meaningful ways. Data Analytics offers deeper insight into the meaning of data sets by telling the story behind the information. This enables stakeholders to make more informed decisions, predict trends and better understand the needs and sentiments of customers. This program provides students with a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and applied skills. Students learn how to collect, curate, manipulate, encode, and store data sets so they can be analyzed and mined in such a way that they can be reused and repurposed to solve challenges that don’t yet exist.
Why study Big Data at Georgian?
The right time
Be among the first graduates in this dynamic and growing field of research.
The right mix of skills
Learn the mix of technical, business and communications skills you need to succeed.
The right experiences
Get the most from your education with our applied learning model, providing you with experience in working with organizations to help them solve real challenges in the community.
The right connections
Benefit from the connections you’ll make with employers and expert faculty from the research analyst, computer studies and business faculties.
The right place
Join the only college graduate certificate program in Big Data. Enjoy a collegial atmosphere, caring faculty and a nice campus setting in a small city with a reasonable cost of living and great quality of life.
Post-secondary diploma, degree or equivalent. It is recommended that the applicant have a specialty in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or business.
- BDAT1000 Data Manipulation Techniques
- BDAT1001 Information Encoding Standards
- BDAT1002 Data Systems Architecture
- BDAT1003 Business Processes and Modelling
- BDAT1004 Data Programming
- BDAT1005 Mathematics for Data Analytics
- BDAT1006 Data Visualization
- BDAT1007 Social Data and Mining Techniques
- BDAT1008 Data Collection and Curation
- BDAT1009 Enterprise Analytics
- BDAT1010 Business Intelligence
- BDAT1011 Data Analytics Project