This program provides students with a degree-level education in business management with an applied focus on the golf industry. Students will develop the knowledge and understanding of the key concepts, methodologies, current trends, theoretical approaches and assumptions to manage effectively in the golf industry. Graduates are prepared to think critically and innovatively, and to professionally apply business management skills.
Why study Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Golf Management) at Georgian?
100% job placement rate
See what kind of position you can expect when you graduate
- Golf professional
- Teaching professional
- Director of golf operation
- Assistant manager
- Clubhouse manager
- Golf project manager
- Golf retail manager
- Manufacturer’s account representative
- Golf association executive staff
In addition to these on-course positions, degree students will have a wide variety of off-course opportunities within the golf industry as well.
- Scotland and Florida excursions included in tuition
- Field trips to numerous golf properties, associations and manufacturers plus playing privileges at many area golf courses
- Unique co-op structure (three paid co-op work terms) prepares grads for management positions in the golf industry
- Co-op opportunities across Canada, the US, UK, Asia and beyond – with dedicated co-op co-ordinators to assist in job search
Our students have worked at some of the world’s top golf, resort and country club facilities, see where!
- Castle Stuart Golf Links – Inverness, Scotland
- Muirfield Village Golf Club – Dublin, Ohio
- TPC Sawgrass – Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
- The National Golf Club of Canada – Woodbridge, Ont.
- Bandon Dunes Golf Resort – Bandon, Ore.
- Beacon Hall Golf Cub – Aurora, Ont.
- Hamilton Golf and Country Club – Hamilton, Ont.
- Mississaugua Golf and Country Club – Mississaugua, Ont.
- Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course – Banff, Alta.
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – Jasper, Alta.
- Country Club of North Carolina – Pinehurst, N.C.
Instructional staff of widely connected industry experts
See some of the organizations we work with
- The National Golf Club of Canada, ON
- Beacon Hall Golf and Country Club, ON
- St. Andrews Links Trust, Scotland
- TPC Sawgrass, FL
- Murfield Village, OH
- Castle Stuart Golf Links, Scotland
- Fairmont Banff Springs and Jasper Park Lodge, AB
- Orange County National, FL
- Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club, BC
- Laguna National Golf & Country Club, Singapore
- Bandon Dunes Resort, OR
- Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge, FL
- Country Club of North Carolina, Pinehurst, NC
- Greg Norman
- Loft 8
- Nicklaus Design
- The Golf Channel
- British Golf Museum
- HD Golf Simulators
- V1 Golf
- Full Swing Golf Simulators
- The Old Course Hotel
Associations and tours:
- Golf Canada
- Golf Association of Ontario
- PGA of Canada
- National Golf Course Owner’s Association
- Canadian Society of Club Managers
- Canadian Golf Course Superintendent’s Association
- GTA Amateur Tour
State-of-the-art indoor golf instructional lab (HD Golf Simulator, V1 teaching software, TOMI putting analysis)
Check out our facilities
Students in our golf programs have access to an industry leading, state-of-the-art golf simulator and instructional software package in our on-campus golf lab.
Our simulator, High Definition Golf, is utilized by the golf program throughout the indoor season, giving our students an opportunity to not only socialize and play golf with their classmates, but to learn about this leading edge technology.
- Industry-specific courses
- A solid foundation in business with courses in finance, marketing, management, economics and law
- Pathways to master’s programs at several universities
OSSD or equivalent with
- minimum overall average of 65 per cent
- six Grade 12 U or M level courses
- Grade 12 English U
- Grade 12 U level Mathematics
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:Secondary school applicants:- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with a minimum overall average of 65 per cent with six Grade 12 U or M level courses, Grade 12 English (U) (ENG4U) and any Grade 12 U level Mathematics. Students presenting equivalent qualifications will also be considered for admission. A second grade 12 university or university/college Mathematics course is highly recommended. Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics taken at Georgian College- College diploma programs such as: Golf Facilities Operation Management* - Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the advanced or university level with a minimum overall average of 65%)- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.