This program is designed to provide training in the theoretical and practical aspects of modern marketing communications. Graduates will be able to perform advertising/communications functions using a variety of media techniques.
Advertising and marketing communications is the art and business of developing and communicating messages. It effectively reaches individuals with information about products, services and ideas. It’s exciting, creative, demanding, rewarding and challenging. Let Georgian give you a head-start on your career in advertising and marketing communications!
Why study Advertising and Marketing Communications at Georgian?
In-class theory combined with practical experience and industry-connected faculty makes what you learn here relevant and applicable to the real world.
Get hands-on with our on-campus agency, Tree Fort Creative Advertising, and get course credit while you work with clients alongside a professional creative director.
OSSD or equivalent, with a recommended minimum of 60 per cent in
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS curriculum: OSSD or equivalent, with a recommended minimum of 60 per cent in Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U). Also recommended: any Grade 11 College Mathematics (MBF3C), or Grade 11 University Mathematics
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations and General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Advertising and Marketing Comm articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ADVE1001 Advertising Design
- ADVE1003 Copywriting
- ADVE1004 Advertising
- ADVE2000 Media Management
- ADVE2001 Integrated Mktg Communications
- ADVE2002 Sales Promotion
- ADVE2004 Public Relations
- ADVE2005 Pitching the Campaign
- ADVE2006 Campaigns and Professional Practices
- ADVE2013 Account Management
- ADVE2015 Digital and Alternative Media
- COMP1000 MacIntosh Computer Applications
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG1003 Personal Selling
- REAS1002 Consumer and Advertising Research