This one year program is designed to provide paramedics with advanced knowledge and skills for practicing emergency health care and to prepare them to function as a leader in emergency situations. Graduates of the program will have demonstrated the ability to safely and competently care for patients of all ages and administer advanced medical treatment measures. The program is comprised of classroom instruction, skills and patient simulation labs, clinical placement and field placement.
Accredited by the Canadian Medical Association.
- Two-year Ontario College Primary Care Paramedic diploma, and a current Advanced Emergency Medical Care Attendant (A-EMCA) license or equivalent
- A minimum 2,000 hours or 1 year experience in an urban EMS setting, or equivalent, is required.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- Two-year Ontario College Primary Care Paramedic diploma, and a current Advanced Emergency Medical Care Attendant (A-EMCA) license or equivalent. A minimum 2,000 hours or 1 year experience in an urban EMS setting, or equivalent, is required.
Applicants will be selected based on EMS experience, resumé, reference letter(s) and selection testing in Primary Care Paramedic Theory:
- Resume containing information about your academic background, related work experience, volunteer experience and extracurricular activities, etc., including detailed EMS experience.
- Reference letter from a Base Hospital and/or Medical Director
- Selection testing in primary care paramedic theory will be done at this time;
- If English is not your first language, refer to the English Language Proficiency Policy.
View the Advanced Care Paramedic articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- PARM1000 Advanced Pharmacology
- PARM1001 Advanced Patient Care Theory 1
- PARM1002 Advanced Care Paramedic Skills
- PARM1003 Advanced Patient Care Theory 2
- PARM1004 Advanced Professional Practice
- PARM1005 Advanced Patient Care Simulation
- PARM1006 Unifying Concepts in Paramedicine
- PARM1007 Clinical Practice
- PARM1008 Field Internship