Come explore your options with us
The distinction between the roles of colleges and universities is not as clear as it once was. Today we live in a society where applied skills and theoretical knowledge must be integrated. Employers are looking for doers, thinkers, creators and leaders – all in one person.
Georgian has many programs, transfer credit options, articulation agreements and services in place to ensure you succeed.
Quick linksCredit Transfer CentreCentre for Applied Research and InnovationUniversity Partnership Centre Symposium
Graduate job-ready with degree studies
We understand the world is changing. We know that students like you are looking for increasingly flexible options. That’s why we provide our own degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees with a growing number of partner institutions.
Georgian degree programs
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Automotive Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management and Leadership)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Golf Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Interior Design
- Honours Bachelor of Police Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Collaborative Program)
University partner programs
At the Georgian University Partnership Centre, we also work with our university partners to develop seamless and effective pathways for students. We are proud to partner with the following universities to provide these innovative postsecondary opportunities:
- Lakehead University: Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) Degree with Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma
- Lakehead University: Honours Bachelor of Arts and Science – Environmental Sustainability (Specialization in Ecosystem Management) Degree with Environmental Technician Diploma
- Central Michigan University: Master of Arts in Education, Community College Concentration
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology: RPN-BScN Degree Completion
- York University: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Collaborative Program)
Join our email list for more information on degree studies and transfer options at Georgian.
Lakehead University and Georgian College are working together on new degree
programs designed to meet the needs of students and employers in Central Ontario.
The first of these innovative programs will begin in September 2017.
This four-year degree-diploma will provide you with a solid foundation across all areas of electrical engineering.
This four year degree-diploma provides a theoretical and applied framework that complements the practical skills and scientific knowledge necessary to understand and monitor complex environmental systems.
Over the next five years, the institutions will launch more than 20 new degree programs and degree transfer pathways (link to pdf?). Programs will include Lakehead degrees, Georgian degrees and four-year joint degree-diploma programs.
- Experience the best of university and college education – many in integrated programs, earning both a university degree and college diploma in four years
- Be innovators who combine academic scholarship, applied skills and critical reasoning to contribute to their workplaces and communities
- Benefit from relevant programming to meet the evolving needs of the local economy
- Hire job-ready graduates with creative skills and mindsets who can hit the ground running
We have room to grow!
Lakehead and Georgian are already the two largest postsecondary institutions in Simcoe County. Together, we currently serve nearly 3,000 degree students – 1,430 at Lakehead and 1,550 in Georgian’s University Partnership Centre. We have room for an additional 800 students at Lakehead Orillia and 1,200 students at Georgian’s Barrie Campus
With existing exceptional facilities at both Lakehead and Georgian, we can deliver a comprehensive university experience to more degree students.
Campus infrastructure includes:
- Combined facilities worth $540 million and covering more than 196 acres
- Laboratories, classrooms, libraries, restaurants, residence buildings, fitness centres and more
- Videoconferencing technology to serve students across the region and the province