Are you trying to balance school, living away from home, work and relationships? This kind of stress can disrupt your life. It can interfere with eating habits, your mental health and overall well-being. Georgian’s Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is available to all Georgian students to help you deal with those problems, and more!
What are nurse practitioners?
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses who have additional training and experience. Their role is to specifically address the needs of individuals relating to physical and mental health.
Other reasons to visit the Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Treatment for short-term acute illness such infection, cough, cold or minor injury
- Sexual health and screening
- Health promotion
- PAP testing
- Help with quitting smoking
Other services at the Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Social worker: For counselling on issues like depression, anxiety, chronic illness, grief and much more
- Registered dietician: For counselling and information on the principles of healthy eating throughout your life
- Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) Services: Consultation with a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety
To make an appointment, call 705.722.1581 or stop by. The clinic is located in the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences building at the Barrie Campus, first floor, beside the Oral Health Clinic. You’ll need a valid OHIP card.