As part of the Women’s Safety Awareness campaign at Georgian, self-defence and prevention sessions will be held at the Barrie, Orillia, Orangeville and John Di Poce South Georgian Bay (Collingwood) campuses in March.
The sessions will be led by Scott Giovannetti, a 27-year police veteran who became involved in police training more than 18 years ago. Scott has been a consultant and trainer for numerous security providers and has an extensive background in use of force as well as academic training for police and security officers.
He was an instructor at the Ontario Police College for three years, facilitating training in defensive tactics, firearms and more. He’s also been an instructor for Sheridan’s Police Foundations program.
Scott sat on a panel that provided consultation to the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services regarding the revision of standards for police use of force training in Ontario.
He is currently chair of the Ontario Police Video Training Alliance (OPVTA).
Register for self-defence training today
To sign up for a session, email OHS@georgiancollege.ca.
- Tuesday, March 3: 2:30 to 4 p.m., Orangeville
- Wednesday, March 4: 1:30 to 3 p.m., Orillia (gym)
- Thursday, March 5: 5 to 6:30 p.m., Barrie (Athletic Centre)
- Thursday, March 5: 7 to 8:30 p.m., Barrie (Residence)
- Monday, March 9: 4:30 to 6 p.m., South Georgian Bay (Room 219)