Students who face physical, medical, sensory, mental health or learning barriers to education may be eligible to receive accommodations for their tests. Accommodations may include, but are not limited to, additional time or use of adaptive technology. Students are encouraged to connect with an accessibility advisor to discuss their individuals needs.
To schedule an appointment with an accessibility advisor or schedule a test with approved accommodations, students may email email@example.com or call 1.877.722.1523.
Missed and/or make-up testing
A missed test occurs when a student is unable to write a test within the scheduled class time. Faculty may grant approval to students requesting to write a missed and/or make-up test based on circumstances including, but not limited to, documented medical/family emergency situations and conflicting religious observance schedules. For more information, students can review Georgian College’s academic regulations regarding tests and exams.
Students who require a missed and/or make-up test, must first discuss available options with their class instructor. Testing Services requires confirmation and approval from faculty before scheduling a missed and/or make-up test. To schedule a test, or for more information, students may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.877.722.1523.
Testing Services is currently offering online admissions testing for applicants who do not meet the academic entrance qualifications when applying to a program at Georgian College.
Admissions tests available
Admissions testing is only available for college-level English or Math prerequisites. Depending on the admission requirements, you may need to write one or both admissions tests.
Each test is $30 and Testing Services will provide further instructions on how to pay after your request is received.
How to prepare for the admissions test
- You will need access to reliable internet and a laptop or desktop computer with a microphone and webcam.
- The test is entirely multiple choice. We encourage you to review the practice test materials: English (Reading/Writing) or Mathematics (Arithmetic/Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics).
- Please allow at least two hours minimum for your scheduled test date and time. The admissions test is not timed, so you are permitted to take as long as you need to write the test.
A Testing Services staff member will provide you a copy of your test results shortly after you complete your test(s).
How to schedule an admissions test
To schedule an admissions test, please email email@example.com or call 1.877.722.1523.
CPA and HOAE testing
Communications Placement Assessment (CPA)
Health Occupations Aptitude Examination (HOAE)
PLAR challenge exams
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is an academic credit option for learners with significant learning/life experience that may be equivalent to a college/university course credit. Students have the opportunity to challenge program requirements based on relevant work or life skills and knowledge gained prior to starting your program at Georgian.
If you are planning to study in a program where you have relevant work or life experience in the field, you may be eligible to receive credit through PLAR. For more information on how to submit a PLAR request, please review the Credit Transfer website.
If you are approved to write a challenge exam through Testing Services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.877.722.1523 to schedule.
Internal invigilation requests
Georgian College upgrading, Lakehead-Georgian, UoIT RPN-BScN and York BScN Collaborative Program
Please fill out the form below to complete your booking. Once we have received the completed form, we will send you a confirmation email.
External invigilation requests
Please contact us to inquire about invigilation for your group or individual exam by emailing email@example.com or calling 1.877.722.1523.
External invigilation requests may include, but are not limited to:
- Midterm or final exams for online courses (offered through other colleges or universities)
- Real Estate Program (REAP) exams
- Math Proficiency Test (EQAO)
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration, with over 2.7 million tests taken in the last year in over 140 countries.
- Test preparation: 30 hours online, free
- Registration: Register online or in person
- Test day: Thursday and Saturday test dates
- Facilities: Modern, quiet, spacious testing rooms
- Last-minute registration is available!
- Online: www.georgebrown.ca/ielts
- In person: George Brown College, 341 King St. E., Room 419, Toronto ON, M5A 1L1
- Required documents: Valid passport or Canadian permanent resident card
- Payment: $309 by Visa, MasterCard, debit or money order
- Please note, we cannot accept cash