If you’re planning to apply for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), our financial aid officers recommend you apply as soon as possible, but at minimum six weeks before the term begins. That means you should be submitting your application now if you hope to have your money by the start of the Fall 2019 term.
Please note the following instructions are for students who are Ontario residents and Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons. Review OSAP eligibility criteria.
How to apply
- See how much funding you can get. Use the OSAP calculator to get an estimate of how much you could receive in grants (money you keep) and loans (money you repay). The amount depends on your education expenses, course load and personal financial situation.
- Register online for an OSAP account. Create a new account here or if you have a pre-existing account, log in here. You’ll need your Ontario Access Number (OAN). Keep your log in information in a safe place, as you will use this criteria every year you apply for OSAP.
- Fill out the application online. It takes approximately 15 minutes. You can also save it midway through and come back to it if you need to.
- Submit your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement. The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) is a lifetime student loan agreement, so only needs to be completed once. Register for your online account with the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) and complete your MSFAA online.
- Submit your signature pages and supporting documents. You may need your parent(s) or spouse to sign a separate declaration and signature page.
- Track your application status. After you submit all your documentation, your application will be processed. You can log in to the OSAP website to track the progress.
For more detailed instructions on each step listed above, follow our step-by-step OSAP guide.
If at any time you need assistance, contact our Financial Aid team:
- In person: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Office of the Registrar at the Barrie and Orillia campuses.
- By phone: 705.722.1530
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org