Chef Philip Leach is always creating delicious dishes in Georgian’s culinary labs. As co-ordinator of the Culinary Skills and Culinary Management programs, he teaches students a variety of classical and contemporary culinary techniques.
In this video he prepares a beef tenderloin dish with Latke potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Watch him at work and then try recreating the Latke potatoes at home following his recipe.
Our culinary programs are offered in Barrie in September and January, and in Owen Sound in September.
Potato Latke recipe
Yields four servings
- Grate potato and carrot with the coarse side of the grater.
- Mix potato, carrot, green onion, egg and salt together in a stainless steel bowl.
- In a heavy skillet, heat half of the butter, then add the mixture (whole or in small cakes) and shape lightly with the back of a fork.
- Cook over a low heat for 6 to 8 minutes to brown and crisp.
- Turn over and add the remaining butter and repeat step 4.
- Cut into 4 servings or serve individually.