Georgian’s first ever Changemaker in Residency week will take place virtually from Nov. 16 to 25!
Are you a changemaker? Absolutely! This virtual event is your opportunity to learn how.
It is a chance to bring together students, faculty, staff, partners, educators, community members and organizations to explore changemaking and social innovation, innovating together on the positive change we would like to see.
Unlike any other online event you’ll attend in this remote reality, all participants will have a chance to build “innovation capital” points towards changemaking skill badges. As you choose your own changemaking adventure through events and experiences of the week, you’ll get an opportunity to meet with like-minded people, organizations and projects that will inform and inspire you.
The week will host a variety engagements including:
- interactive virtual workshops, learn how to use visual tools to communicate ideas
- community conversation sessions, learn how to listen and discuss powerful topics
- networking opportunities, find future employers, find future employees
- guest speakers, changemakers making change in our communities
- PLUS a big announcement (watch this video for more information)
Participation can be in real time as well as through recorded content. This ensures everyone, from anywhere, can attend throughout the week.
Skills and attitudes we’ll be covering include:
- United Nations sustainable development goals
- visual thinking for social innovation
- building empathy in virtual collaborations
- exploring social purpose as part of the future of work
- new leadership models
- mobilizing community conversations
- social enterprise