Airport arrival process
- The first step is to pass through Canadian customs – for more information, please visit the Canada Border Services Agency website.
- Once you have picked up your luggage, proceed through the arrivals gate – DO NOT exit the terminal.
- Look for the iCent airport welcome booth, airport greeter or proceed directly to the Ground Transportation Desk where you will check in by giving them your name and saying you have booked an airport pickup. Vans leave the terminal every hour, so there will always be a van for you to take.
Watch a video on airport arrival
Please review the departure checklist below for information and documents you should have before entering Canada
- Valid passport
- Student permit authorization
- Entry visa (if required)
- Copy of original Georgian College acceptance letter for immigration
- Tuition fees — paid
- Students enrolled in Health, Wellness and Sciences, Human Services, and Community Safety programs and select Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation courses may have additional requirements such as:
- First aid certificate
- CPR qualifications
- Police background check
- Letters of reference and resumé for co-op work placements (if required)
- Airport pickup form (Airport arrival insructions)
- Email Homestay host to inform them of your flight arrival date
- Copy of orientation schedule
- Copy of Homestay confirmation form
- List of contact information in Canada (names, phone numbers, address for college, Homestay, emergency contact numbers)
- Money for travelling expenses and first few days in Canada (traveler’s cheques recommended)
- If you arrive prior to the insurance start dates, it is important that you purchase your own health insurance from the date of arrival in Canada up to the insurance start date. Please refer to our health insurance FAQ for more information. If necessary, you can visit guard.me International Insurance to apply for insurance coverage for additional days
Airport pickup for Barrie, Orillia, Midland, Collingwood students
Airport pickup is provided by Simcoe County Airport Service, which is a company independent of Georgian College. Simcoe County Airport Service provides transportation for new international students from Pearson International Airport to their destinations in Barrie, Orillia, Collingwood or Midland.
You must book your airport pickup at least 72 hours before departure to Canada. To make an airport pickup request, click on the green button below. Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours from email@example.com. The fee for airport pickup is $100 CDN.
To book an airport pick-up, you MUST have a Homestay confirmation or have the address of your drop-off destination. Once you know where you will be living, you can then complete the online request by clicking the button below.
If you do NOT make a reservation with Simcoe County Airport Service, you will be treated as a new arrival with no reservation. As a result:
- You will be responsible for paying for your own transportation from Pearson International airport to Georgian.
- Students with reservations will be given priority – you will not be given priority seating and will have to wait in sequential order until a seat becomes available.
- The airport greeter’s first priority is to assist students with reservations, a greeter may or may not be available to assist you.
Remember to print the Airport pickup instruction sheet. Remember there is no airport pickup on Dec. 24 or 25.
Airport pickup for Owen Sound and Orangeville students
If you are attending the Owen Sound Campus or Orangeville Campus, you will need to book your airport pickup through a transportation company called Grey Bruce Airbus.
Your booking will need to be made at least five days before departure to ensure the proper arrangements are made. If arranged ahead of time, our airport greeters can be at the airport to greet you and assist you in finding the ground transportation desk.
To book your airport pickup
- Visit Grey Bruce Airbus and complete the online reservation
- Click on the “Reservations” tab and select “Pearson Airport” as your origin point
- Select either “Owen Sound” or “Orangeville” as your destination
- Important note: please make sure you enter the correct flight details and terminal number
- Follow the instructions online for payment
- Notify staff member firstname.lastname@example.org of your arrival date
Helpful information for arrival
- If you have a cell phone, add the airport greeter phone number 705.791.2522 to your contact list, or search 705.791.2522 on WeChat or WhatsApp
- Watch the airport arrival video above
- Print off the airport arrival instructions in the departure list
Arriving at the airport
- If you are arriving at Terminal 3:
- Walk out of arrivals, turn left and walk until you pass door D
- The ground transportation desk will be on the right-hand side
- If you are arriving at Terminal 1:
- Walk out of arrivals, turn right and walk until you see the ground transportation desk sign
- Take the escalator on the right to the ground floor; turn left and the ground transportation desk will be on the left-hand side
- Owen Sound:
- The Grey Bruce Airbus will drop you off at the Quality Inn Hotel at 950 6th St. E., Owen Sound
- The Grey Bruce Airbus will drop you off at the Tim Hortons at 46 Broadway Ave, Orangeville
If you have arranged housing, please see if you can arrange for a roommate or host to pick you up from this location. If you have not arranged housing, please visiting our housing webpage.
If you are leaving the drop-off location, you may need call a taxi to transport you there.
Airport pickup frequently asked questions
An airport greeter is a student from Georgian College who will meet you at the airport and guide you to the ground transportation desk. Once in arrivals, look for one of our airport greeters holding a sign saying “Georgian College.” He or she will be wearing a Georgian College t-shirt. You can reach the airport greeter by calling 705.791.2522.
As soon as you retrieve your luggage and have gone through customs, you can proceed directly to the ground transportation desk where you will check in. Vans leave the terminal every hour, so there will always be a van for you.
Ask someone who works at the airport where to find the ground transportation desk. This is a well-known centre and all airport staff will know where to find it. If you still can’t find the ground transportation desk, call 1.800.461.7529 and tell them your name and location. Airport pickup information
If you arrive at the ground transportation desk at Pearson International Airport and have NOT made a reservation:
- You will be responsible for paying for your own transportation from Pearson International Airport
- Students with reservations will be given priority – you will have to wait in sequential order until a seat becomes available
- The airport greeter’s first priority is to assist students with reservations, a greeter may or may not be available to assist you
Barrie Postsecondary International Orientation is May 3, 4 and 7
Owen Sound Postsecondary International Orientation is May 7 and 11 from 11 a.m. to noon in Room 616
EAP International Orientation is May 2 and 3
Orientation is mandatory – please book flights accordingly and arrange to be on campus for orientation.
Download the EAP Orientation Schedule.
Please bring with you:
- passport and study permit
- acceptance letter
- official test score: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC
The semester starts Monday, May 7 at noon.
Why should I come to International Orientation?
International Orientation is a great opportunity to get information you need to succeed at Georgian. It’s also a good time to make friends and get familiar with the spaces and services you’ll be using while you’re a student.
What should I bring to International Orientation?
Bring your passport, study permit and Georgian acceptance letter.
What if I arrive in Canada before International Orientation?
Come to the International Centre on the second floor of C Building at the Barrie Campus. International student ambassadors will be there to help show you where to get your student card, how to purchase a bus pass, and how to use public transit. You can also take part in fun pre-orientation activities. Please note the college closure period above.
How do I get to Georgian from the airport?
Questions? We’re here to help!
Please contact us at email@example.com for help on any of the above topics.
For questions on courses and timetables please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postsecondary Orientation dates
|Spring 2018||May 3, 4 and 7|
|Fall 2018||Aug. 30 and 31|
EAP English Language Studies Orientation dates
|Summer 2018||May 2 and 3|
|June 27 and 28|
|Fall 2018||Aug. 29 and 30|
|Oct. 24 and 25|