Definitions: Delivery modes
Before you search your program, we want to tell you about our delivery modes for the fall 2022 semester.
*The search tool will show classifications at a program level. You will receive course-level classifications when you register.
Programs are fully in person and require students to attend campus.
Students learn remotely and are not required to come to campus. Online learning can be synchronous – students meet with their professor for online classes at scheduled times – or asynchronous – students complete online learning modules on their own.
Some parts of the program or course are online and other parts are delivered in person. Students will need to come to campus for part of their program or course.
GC Flex gives students choice and flexibility. Using technology-enabled, purpose-designed learning spaces, professors deliver lectures and labs in the classroom and simultaneously online. Students can participate on campus or online during class or review course materials online later. Note: Although all course deliverables can be completed online, there will be due dates for assignments/tests. Some classes may have synchronous evaluation components required by a program’s accrediting body. Students should consult their course syllabus for details.
In-person and online option
These programs will have some courses that provide an option for students to choose fully in person or fully online. This is different than GC Flex, as a student may not alternate between delivery methods during the semester, but will choose one delivery method, that fits their circumstances, for the duration of the semester.
The program or course has been suspended for an intake and may be offered at a future date.
How to use the search tool
The search tool outlines all full-time Georgian programs for the fall 2022 semester.
*Lakehead-Georgian programs are not included in this search tool. More information to come soon.
Find your program.
Use the search box to filter results and easily find your program. Search by program code or program name and locate your program.
Please note, if there is an asterisk (*) next to your program code, refer to the footnotes for more information.
Identify your campus location.
Some programs are being offered across multiple campuses. Look for your campus in the “Location” column.
Identify your year of study.
In the “Year” column, look for the year of your program you will be in during the fall 2022 semester.
Identify your semester.
In the “Semester” column, look for the semester of your program you will be in during the fall 2022 semester.
Check the delivery of your program.
The “Delivery” column will indicate the delivery mode for your program.
Program search tool
Originally posted April 25
As always, we’re making the best decisions we can with the information and guidance available from public health authorities and the government. The information provided in the chart below is subject to change.
Once you find out how your program will be delivered, refer to the What’s Next? section for more information on what to do next.
Please note, you may need to scroll to the right within the chart to view information in the adjacent columns. This tool is best accessed on a desktop.
On Aug. 25, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada announced a transition plan to further extend distance learning opportunities through Aug. 31, 2023 as many international students await a decision on their study permit/visa applications. If your program delivery mode was impacted, you would have received an email to your Georgian College email during the week of Aug. 29. All students are encouraged to regularly check their Georgian email accounts to ensure they are aware of any important academic program updates.
ANPD* Anishnaabemowin and Program Development
EAPC* General Arts and Science – English for Academic Purposes
ESLG* General English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Categorized as hybrid delivery; with dual synchronous learning – professors deliver lectures and labs in the classroom and simultaneously online – students can attend on campus, or online at the same time.
AIDI* Artificial Intelligence – Architecture, Design, and Implementation
FDNM* Food and Nutrition Management
INSS* Information Systems Security
MDEV* Mobile Application Development
- Categorized as GC Flex delivery; some courses will be delivered online.
MTPS* Mechanical Technician – Precision Skills
- Categorized as in-person delivery; some courses will be delivered online.
Work-integrated learning *HIDDEN SECTION*
Fall co-op work terms, and clinical and field placements
If you’re eligible and able to complete your work term, clinical placement or field placement this fall, you may proceed to do so as long as the workplace is permitted to be open by government and public health authorities.
Some program-specific modifications have been made to the way students achieve their work term, field, or clinical placement credit at this time. To find information about your program’s fall co-op, clinical placement, internship or field placement, please choose your program area button below to visit the department’s webpage or email staff for more information.
Unsure who supports your program’s work-integrated learning experience? Please contact your program co-ordinator. View the co-ordinator list in the student portal.
- Fall registration will open the week of Aug. 1. Learn how to find your program’s registration date.
- Course-level detail and hours of on-campus learning will be available at time of registration.
- If your program has been suspended for fall 2022, you’ll receive an email from the Registrar’s Office describing your options. Please check the email you used in your application to Georgian.
- Check out our remote and hybrid learning toolkit.
- Read these 21 ways to make the most of your courses, prepared by our student success advisors.
- Review remote delivery technology specifications to complete your courses online.
- Find out how to contact student services.
- Wondering how you can be successful learning online? Book an appointment with your student success advisor. Log into the student portal and your advisor’s name will appear in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
Haven’t applied yet?
Connect with our recruitment team to explore your study options at Georgian!
Already applied to Georgian?
- Monitor our COVID-19 web page for regular updates and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Please also review our FAQ page specific to international students.
- For questions related to your offer of admission, program choice, fee payments and immigration status, contact your regional representative or email the International Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.