RN, BScN, MN
Professor, Honours Bachelor of Science – Nursing
Susan brings a multi-faceted career history to her work with students with a focus on critical care and emergency nursing, education, and community gerontological care. She has worked in clinical specialty roles, advanced administrative leadership roles, and specialty and community program development. Her masters work focused on clinical andragogy and she continues to research and apply new teaching methods to clinical education.
While at Georgian, Susan has led the development of a new clinical delivery model for first-year students and pivoted to a novel interactive online clinical program to accommodate pandemic needs. Susan has a lifelong interest in alternative healing methods and was instrumental in initiating start-up programs in mindfulness for both Georgian staff and students.
Susan also maintains an active interest in Indigenous studies and has had the opportunity to learn with elders from different cultures across the world. In partnership with the Georgian Indigenous Studies team, she is leading the development of curriculum for the nursing program and partnering with the Indigenous Studies team to answer the call to truth and reconciliation in education.
- Master of Nursing (MN), Athabasca University, Athabasca AB, 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN), Western University, London ON, 1983
- Geriatric Outreach Services Nurse Specialist, Stevenson Memorial Hospital, 2009–2010
- Manager, Acute Care Services, Stevenson Memorial Hospital, 2005–2009
- Professor, Post-graduate Critical Care and Emergency Nursing Program, Seneca College, 2000–2005
- Clinical Coordinator, ICU/CCU, Southlake Regional Health Centre, 1996–2000
- Program Manager, Intensive Care and Cardiac Care, 1992–1996
- Clinical Teacher, NICU, CVICU, MCICU, The Toronto Hospital, 1990–1991
- Critical Care Educator, York County Hospital, 1987–1989
- Staff Nurse, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 1986–1987
- Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital, 1983–1986
- Clinical andragogy
- Indigenous studies
- Stress management