RN, BScN, MN
Professor and Clinical Course Lead, Honours Bachelor of Science – Nursing
Darci Wright has been a Registered Nurse (RN) with her BScN for 26 years. Darci obtained her Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree from the University of Windsor in 1995. She worked for many years before returning to grad to school to complete her Master of Nursing from Charles Sturt University in Australia in 2018.
Darci started her career at Georgian in 2007 as part-time clinical faculty. She went on to work as a Lab Technologist in the Nursing Resource Centre at Georgian from 2012 to 2017, after which she moved into a full-time clinical placement staff role until December 2019. In January 2020, she was successful in becoming full-time faculty at the college, which she describes as her dream job. Her most recent role began in September 2021 as the Clinical Course Lead for all clinical courses within the BScN program.
Darci has always had a passion for teaching and learning, with a focus and expertise in clinical environments. She has an extensive clinical background working in areas like general surgery, cardiac and thoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, diabetic education, occupational health and long-term care.
- Master of Nursing (MN), Charles Sturt University, Australia, 2018
- Critical Care certificate, Centennial College, Scarborough ON, 1996
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN), University of Windsor, Windsor ON, 1995
- Darci Wright has been a nurse for 26 years in a variety of settings. She loves bed-side nursing and continues to work on a casual basis at a long-term care facility in the community. Darci’s clinical background includes working in general surgery, cardiac and thoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, diabetic education, long-term care and occupational health. She has enjoyed every job thus far and enjoys challenging herself with new learning, hence why she loves teaching. Darci learns as much from Georgian students as they learn from her! Going into her nursing career, Darci’s goals included clinical experience, teaching, obtaining a Master of Nursing (MN) degree, and getting published. To date, she has accomplished all of the above except for a publication, which she is currently working towards.
- Student experiential learning
- In progress