Congratulations on becoming an educator at Georgian College and welcome to the team! Here you will find everything you need to know to get started on your exciting journey in the world of teaching and learning. Please click the links below to explore some of the teaching and learning resources we have available to support new faculty at Georgian College.
New Faculty Orientation for Remote Learning
This 4 module hybrid series has been designed for faculty who are (relatively) new to teaching, and looking for some support in preparing for the Spring semester. Modules include:
- Module 1:
- Orientation to WebEx (Monday, April 27, WebEx session 2-3:30pm)
- Blackboard (Monday April 27, asynchronous activities)
- Module 2: Getting Started (Tuesday, April 28, WebEx session 2-3:30pm, asynchronous activities)
- Module 3: Instructional Design (Wednesday, April 29, WebEx session 2-3:30pm, asynchronous activities)
- Module 4: Designing Assessments (Thursday, April 30, WebEx session 2-3:30pm, asynchronous activities)
To register for the series, email Deb Moore.
This series will be offered throughout the inter-term period. Additional dates and times will be posted on our home page.
Additional Resources and Information
Information for Post Orientation
This document provides information on the activities and resources of the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) that exist to support all faculty in their instructional practice. If you are in your first few years of teaching, it may be particularly helpful as you strive to create a positive learning experience for your students. If you are more experienced, it may offer some new insights or a chance to re‐energize.