Students are advised to retain course outlines for future use in support of applications for employment or transfer of credits
2. select and correctly use the appropriate tools and equipment for the required task;
3. correctly weigh, measure and scale ingredients for a recipe using bakers percentage and the metric system to meet designated production requirements;
4. interpret recipes, make any changes necessary to utilize given baking recipe and follow appropriate work sequences;
5. describe the function and application for a variety of common baking ingredients;
6. exhibit professionalism and participate effectively as a team member, accepting responsibility for tasks and functions contributing to group performance within the bake lab.
Tests/examinations/assignments must be written/submitted at the time specified. Requests for adjustments to that schedule must be made before the test/exam/assignment date to the faculty member. Failure to do so will result in a mark of “0”, unless an illness/emergency can be proven with appropriate documentation at no cost to the College.
The passing grade for all courses is 50%, or letter grade of P (Pass) or S (Satisfactory) unless otherwise noted below. The passing weighted average for promotion through each semester of a program is 60% and is a requirement to graduate.
A student at Georgian College can appeal the following:
A student cannot appeal a decision regarding whether or not a PLA or Exemption is available for an individual course, nor the method of challenge used.