BUSI 1015 Customer Relations (ODE)
and BUS 2223 Customer Service
and TOUR 1004 Professional Customer Service
Students are advised to retain course outlines for future use in support of applications for employment or transfer of credits
Building an awareness of the critical need for a high level of Customer Service in any organization is necessary for success in the new millenium. Differentiated Customer Service can be the basis for building a sustainable competitive advantage. The course will deal with company philosophy, implementation strategies and customer contact.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
1. Explain the importance of organization philosophy in developing a service culture.
2. Explain the importance of appropriate hiring and motivating.
3. Assess strategies for developing a service culture.
4. Develop a customer satisfaction or organization assessment tool.
5. Handle customer complaints.
* importance of organization philosophy;
* implementing organization philosophy;
* hiring and motivating strategies;
* reward and recognition strategies;
* creativitiy and the service culture;
* complaint handling;
* assessing customer satisfaction and the service culture
Tests/examinations/assignments must be written/submitted at the time specified. Requests for adjustments to that schedule must be made before the test/exam/assignment date to the faculty member. Failure to do so will result in a mark of “0”, unless an illness/emergency can be proven with appropriate documentation at no cost to the College.
The passing grade for all courses is 50%, or letter grade of P (Pass) or S (Satisfactory) unless otherwise noted below. The passing weighted average for promotion through each semester of a program is 60% and is a requirement to graduate.
Evaluation is comprised of:
Tests = 30%
Assignments = 30%
Practicum = 40%
This course is eligible for Prior Learning Assessment. If you feel you have acquired equivalent skills and knowledge through life and work experience, you can request an assessment. Contact your program co-ordinator, or the Office of the Registrar.
A student at Georgian College can appeal the following:
A student cannot appeal a decision regarding whether or not a PLA or Exemption is available for an individual course, nor the method of challenge used.