Georgian College Optical offers a wide variety of sunglasses and brand name specs:
- Tint your prescription lenses
- Add ultraviolet protection
- Order custom clip-ons to match your frames
- Go urban chic with transitions lenses
Georgian College Optical is located on the first floor of the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences in room M153 (M Building) at the Barrie Campus.
Winter 2019 hours of operation
- Mondays – noon to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays – 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays – noon to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays – 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fridays – closed
- Closed during Reading Week Feb. 25 to March 1
Eye exams – not currently available. Please monitor this web page for updates.
Clinic clients receive a special parking rate of $2 per hour. Here is how to access the rate:
- Park in a “Reserved Clinic Client” parking space in front of the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences.
- Go to the clinic registration desk to provide your licence plate number and pay your fee of $2 per hour.
Alternatively, you may buy an hourly or daily parking permit through the HonkMobile app. The special rate does not apply if you pay using this method.
If you do not pay for parking you will be subject to a parking ticket that is likely far more expensive than the $2 hourly rate. Parking tickets for violations range from $20 to $300.
- Eye exams take place in the Optometric Clinic in the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences in room M150 (beside Georgian College Optical), Barrie Campus
The cost of the eye exam is $100:
- If you are 19 years of age or younger and haven’t had an exam in the past 12 months, the exam is covered by Ontario health insurance
- You MUST present your Ontario health card prior to the exam
- If you are covered under student insurance with Great West Life (included in your Georgian tuition), the exam is billed to the insurance company
- Proof of coverage is required prior to the exam
- We accept cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard