||At Sienna Senior Living, our mission is to help residents live fully, every day.
Our more than 12,000 dedicated team members are passionate about caring for older people and are united by a belief in the warmth of human connection. We are one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors’ living, with high-quality seniors’ residences in Ontario and British Columbia comprising independent living, assisted living, long-term care and specialized programs and services for seniors.
Our aim is to consistently create a positive resident experience, along with a high-performing team and workplace culture that are driven by shared values and a commitment to innovation and excellence. As leaders in the sector, we leverage technology and best practices to constantly set new benchmarks for quality. At the same time, we never lose sight of our vision—to awaken our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters.
||If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Activation Aide is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As an Activation Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Coordinating, planning activities, communicating programs, purchasing supplies, decorating, setting up, facilitates, overseeing and assisting residents, cleaning up, documenting, and evaluating programs.
• Actively and effectively facilitating programs in the care community including but not limited to, small and large groups and special events that meet the needs of the residents.
• Completing resident assessments and establishing goals and interventions based on the residents identified needs and concerns.
• Completing documentation related to programming including but not limited to assessment, attendance, progress notes, care plans, and quarterly reviews.
• Seeking opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs i.e. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and to connect the Long Term Care residents with the community.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in activation, recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or current enrolment in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
• Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
• Food Handlers Certificate is required.
• Previous experience in program planning, documentation, and evaluation required.
• As part of legislative requirements, all successful candidates must meet the provincial police check and tuberculosis screening requirements as applicable.
Bonus points for having:
• Competency in Point Click Care, MS Office is an asset.