Step 1: Log in to Banner
Course registration is done through Banner, Georgian’s student information system.
- Go to the Banner login page.
- Your login is your Georgian student email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E.g. If your student number is 123456789, your username would be email@example.com.
- If you have not changed your password, it is your date of birth in the format of YYMMDD.
- E.g. If your birthday is March 17, 1995, your password would be 950317.
If you experience trouble logging in to Banner, watch our password manager tutorial video or contact IT Support to reset your password.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1732
Step 2: Pay your tuition deposit and reserve your seat
Understanding deposits versus reserving your seat
You are required to pay a tuition deposit once per academic year. The fall semester is the start of a new academic year. Students in subsequent terms are not required to pay a deposit, though must reserve their seat in Banner.
- Starting a new program at Georgian? A deposit is required for your first academic semester of classes.
- Are you a continuing student? A deposit is required for your first academic semester of classes in the new academic year.
See important dates for the tuition deposit deadline.
See the below resources in the student portal for detailed information on paying your tuition deposit and reserving your seat.
Step 3: Register for courses
Registering for courses is a simple process and one that will be repeated throughout the progression of your program at Georgian.
Review the resources and videos below for information and instructions on when and how and to register for courses. If you have questions or need help, join a registration and systems support hub session.
Confirm your registration date
Understanding when your registration window opens is essential before you can select a timetable. For more information on how to find your registration date, see our registration date how-to guide.
Select a timetable
Now it’s time for you to pick your timetable. During registration, you will select a block of courses that has been pre-set for you, depending on what semester you are in. This is called block registration.
On your registration date, follow these steps to select a timetable:
- Within Banner, select Banner Main Menu.
- Select Register for Courses.
- Review the registration policy and click Continue.
See the below resources in the student portal for detailed information on registering for courses.
Step 4: Make changes to your timetable
Need to add or drop a course? The add/drop period is when you can make these changes in Banner. Check important dates to find out when add/drop takes place.
Add or drop courses (optional)
During add/drop, follow these steps to make changes to your timetable:
- Within Banner, select Banner Main Menu.
- Select Registration.
- Select Add/Drop/Withdraw from courses.
See the below resources in the student portal for detailed information on making changes during add/drop.
Registration and systems support
Need help with registering or using your student systems?
Join a registration and systems support hub session. Conducted via WebEx, these sessions will show you how to access, navigate and utilize your student systems (Banner, Blackboard and MyPath).
During registration, get help with:
- registering for classes
- making changes to your courses (add/drop)
- viewing your account details
- locating your timetable
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10 to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 2 to 3 p.m.
How to join a session:
- Join the WebEx meeting online during one of the sessions listed above
- Alternatively, you can call 1.416.915.6530 using 649 911 244 as the access code to listen and participate in the discussion
Next steps after registration
Now that you have registered, there a few next steps that you should take to ensure you are ready to start your next semester at Georgian.
View your timetable
View your weekly timetable to see your registered courses along with the day, time and location of your classes.
Check your account balance
Check your account balance and make sure you pay your fees in full by the payment due date.
Purchase your textbooks
Find out how to view your booklist for your upcoming courses and purchase textbooks from Georgian Stores.
Get to know Blackboard, Georgian’s course management system, before your classes start.
Refer to Georgian’s list of important dates for deadlines and dates that influence your studies and course registration.
Here, you will find up-to-date information about including:
- deposit due date
- block course registration period
- last day to add, drop or withdraw to receive a refund for most programs/courses
- and more!
Have questions about registering for courses at Georgian?
Contact the Office of the Registrar
Please note, we are currently working remotely. Our staff are available by telephone and email to assist you.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Read our frequently asked questions
We’ve prepared some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you with registering for your courses at Georgian.