Thanks to contributions from the government and partners, the Algoma Central Corporation Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Centre, a $7.5-million addition to the Owen Sound Campus, was opened in 2016. The 13,600-square-foot facility boasts technology-enabled classrooms, a lifeboat simulator, the Lower Lakes Common Area, as well as a new fire training facility.
In addition, the Centre for Marine Training and Research (CMTR) is equipped with Kongsberg engine simulators, Transas navigation simulators and a 12-station part-task trainer. Read more about our simulation equipment and capabilities.
Over 2,400 mariners, cadets and professionals receive training from the MED Training Centre every year.
More campus features
- The Owen Sound Campus has just completed a $1-million renovation to its fitness centre – it features modern weight and cardio equipment, and offers weekly spin and yoga classes
- Bear Essentials store, where books, snacks, and Georgian merchandise can be purchased
- The Owen Sound Campus library is equipped with a study area and computers
- The Last Class bar is a favourite meeting place
- The cafeteria, operated by Chartwells, serves a variety of delicious and healthy food options
- The Georgian Dining Room features fresh and local foods prepared by our Culinary students on Thursdays and Fridays from September to April
- Wi-Fi available on campus