Social Entrepreneurship has emerged as a valuable framework for community development and nonprofit sustainability. It has significantly influenced the nonprofit sector resulting in innovative practices that advance social, environmental and/or cultural missions. Social entrepreneurial practices contribute to the financial sustainability while meeting a need in the marketplace through the sale of goods and services. Social entrepreneurship is a mindset that drives nonprofits to revolutionize traditional supports and services and influence social, environmental and/or cultural change in our local and global communities.
Social entrepreneurs, community leaders and program peers mentor student innovators in building a social enterprise business plan as well as navigating the complexities associated with the management of social enterprise ventures within the nonprofit sector.
Minimum of a two-year College diploma or equivalent; a three-year diploma or a university degree is preferred.
View the Social Entrp: Non-Profit Sectr articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- BNTR1005 Marketing Innovations and Planning
- BNTR1011 Research and Concept Validation
- SENP1000 Personal, Organizational and Community Leadership for Change
- SENP1001 Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Perspectives
- SENP1002 Managing Social Enterprises in the Nonprofit Sector
- SENP1003 Design Thinking and Ideation
- SENP1004 Financial Sustainability in the Nonprofit Sector
- SENP1005 Measuring, Evaluating and Scaling Social Enterprise
- SENP1006 Business Planning for Social Enterprises in the Nonprofit Sector
- SENP1007 Field Study Practicum
- SENP1008 Social Entrepreneurship Launch Pad