Social Entrepreneurship has emerged as a valuable framework for community development and nonprofit sustainability. It has significantly influenced the nonprofit sector resulting in innovative practices that advance social, environmental and/or cultural missions. Social entrepreneurial practices contribute to the financial sustainability while meeting a need in the marketplace through the sale of goods and services. Social entrepreneurship is a mindset that drives nonprofits to revolutionize traditional supports and services and influence social, environmental and/or cultural change in our local and global communities.
Social entrepreneurs, community leaders and program peers mentor student innovators in building a social enterprise business plan as well as navigating the complexities associated with the management of social enterprise ventures within the nonprofit sector.
Social entrepreneurs have the opportunity to revolutionize the nonprofit sector, public and private organizations. Potential roles for social entrepreneurs include social enterprise manager, business developer, community developer, social entrepreneur, community mobilizer, project manager, and social innovation manager.
Minimum of a two-year College diploma or equivalent; a three-year diploma or a university degree is preferred.
- SENP 1000 - Personal, Organizational and Community Leadership for Change (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1001 - Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Perspectives (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1002 - Managing Social Enterprises in the Nonprofit Sector (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1003 - Design Thinking and Ideation (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1004 - Financial Sustainability in the Nonprofit Sector (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1007 - Field Study Practicum (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- BNTR 1005 - Marketing Innovations and Planning (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- BNTR 1011 - Research and Concept Validation (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1005 - Measuring, Evaluating and Scaling Social Enterprise (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1006 - Business Planning for Social Enterprises in the Nonprofit Sector (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- SENP 1008 - Social Entrepreneurship Launch Pad (Semester 2 / 84 hours)