Snow Resort Fundamentals is for people who love to ski or snowboard and want to explore opportunities to work in the snow resort industry. Students develop a foundation of skills and knowledge they can use to find success at snow resorts, in other fields or in further studies. Students are also exposed to healthy, active ways of living, adventure, challenge and variety, and connectedness with the outdoors. The program is closely aligned with snow industry partners who offer one paid co-op work placement in the winter as well as hands-on learning opportunities during the off-season periods. Students who successfully complete the certificate may transfer to the two year Snow Resort Operations (SRO) diploma program.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS curriculum: OSSD or equivalent, with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Hospitality Skills and General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Snow Resort Fundamentals articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- COMP1003 Microcomputer Applications
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- SKIR1001 Resort Profit Centres
- SKIR1002 Resort Design Concepts
- SKIR1004 Snow Safety
- SKIR1008 Snow Resort Operations Skills
- SKIR2003 Programs and Events
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
Optional CourseTo be selected from College list
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Term
- COOP1019 Ski Resort Work Term 1