|Fall 2022||Barrie, Orangeville, Owen Sound|
This program is designed to prepare students for success in their pursuit of a career in the field of health sciences. Students are afforded opportunities to explore various health science careers while fostering the professional attitudes and the solid knowledge and skill base required for entry into those careers. Studies encourage personal, professional and career awareness, study skills to support student academic success, and the essential employability skills required in the today’s workforce. Course offerings emphasize communications, biology, anatomy\physiology, general, organic and biochemistry, safe laboratory practice, medical terminology, interprofessional practice, cultural competencies, including indigenization, mathematics and physics. The application of these skills to health sciences and related science disciplines is incorporated into the entire program. The curriculum meets or exceeds the standards set by the current Ministry policy and provides potential for transferable post-secondary credits.
Where do you go from here?
*This program requires an additional math course (MHF4U - Grade 12 Advanced Functions) to meet admission requirements.
Graduates of this program are well-prepared to apply for admission to college advanced diploma programs or to general science degree programs in a wide range of studies in health science or general science.
Successful completion of the program does not guarantee entry into any health science and/or general science program.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/academic-regulations/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
- BIOL 1021 - Biology for Health and Sciences 1 (Semester 1 / 56 hours)
- CHEM 1008 - Chemistry for Health and Sciences 1 (Semester 1 / 56 hours)
- HLTH 1007 - Foundations for Success in Health Sciences (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1030 - Math for Health and Sciences 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- BIOL 1022 - Biology for Health and Sciences 2 (Semester 2 / 56 hours)
- CHEM 1009 - Chemistry for Health and Sciences 2 (Semester 2 / 56 hours)
- HUMN 1000 - Critical Thinking (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1031 - Math for Health and Sciences 2 (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- PHYS 1006 - Physics for Health and Sciences (Semester 2 / 56 hours)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 1)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 2)
General education courses
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration. (Semester 1)