Digital video has become a specialized service within the photography profession. Students in this program build on previously gained digital photography and imaging abilities and experience, adding industry standard skills and expertise applicable to planning, capturing, and editing digital video. Students also assess client needs for video products and focus on realistic solutions that will be aesthetic, marketable, and polished. This program covers pre-production, video capture, sound, editing, video aesthetics, and relevant business practices.
Two- or three- year college diploma, or a college or university degree.
Applicants that possess a college diploma, or a college or university degree in photography, film studies, media studies, journalism, broadcasting, business, marketing, communications, fine art, graphic design, English, history, tourism, or education are not required to submit creative work.
Applicants that do not have the background noted above are required to submit three examples of creative work related to their interest in the field of Digital Video. Samples may include creative photography, films, video clips, scripts, storyboards, narratives, proposals, or other relevant work samples.
View the Digital Video articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- DVID1000 Digital Video Pre-Production
- DVID1001 Video Production
- DVID1002 Post-Production Techniques
- DVID1003 Lighting for Video
- DVID1004 Sound Capture and Editing
- DVID1005 Aesthetics of Video and Motion
- DVID1006 Special Effects
- DVID1007 Advanced Video Production
- DVID1008 Advanced Post-Production Techniques
- DVID1009 Trends and Issues: Video
- DVID1010 Portfolio Development: Video