The Career Plan Model
Self-knowledge: Who am I?
Understanding who you are and what your strengths and weaknesses are before you can make effective career decisions
Career knowledge: What’s out there for me?
Exploring Options, Job Activities, Hours & Earnings, Working Conditions, Geographic location, Labour Market, Company/Organization
Decision-making: What do I need?
Academic Skills, College/University/Apprenticeship, Licensing/Certification
Job search: How will I get there?
Resume, Cover letter, Interview Skills, Networking/Contacts, Career Portfolio, Information Interviewing
Unsure of your career direction?
We’re here to help find the answers.
- When should I start planning my career?
- Which careers match my interests?
- What can I do with a diploma or degree?
- What are the advantages of a co-op or internship program?
- Where do I find information on careers?
- Should I go to school or consider apprenticeship training?
- Where can I get help making a career change?
- One-on-one career planning
- Career assessments: Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), COPS, COPES, TWI, TypeFocus, Career Focusing
- Click here to view the Labour Market Information by program
- Job Search Skills: resume and cover letter development, interview preparation and mock interviews, employment portfolio development
- In-class workshops
- Fax and photocopy free of charge (job search related)
- Assistance to current and graduating students and alumni
- Provide fee for service to community clients
Co-Operative Education and Internships
- Assist students in obtaining a co-op or internship experience
- Coaching for co-op and internship positions
- Liaison with employers
- Employer development
- Experience e-Recruiting database for co-op and internship opportunities
- Career and employment development services to students with barriers to employment including: physical disabilities, mental health issues and specific learning disabilities, lack of work experience and employment maintenance issues.
- Employer development
- Graduate registry
- Graduate employment statistics
- Resume and cover letter development
- Self employment
- Provides assistance to graduating students and alumni
Check us out on Blackboard too!
To book an appointment with a Consultant, visit B110 or phone (705) 728-1968 ext. 1340.
Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
no appointment needed
NEW! Perfect Interview – an on-line interview program to practise your interview skills 24/7; specify the type of questions you want to practice; save your responses in video or text format.
*Create a new account and your ID and password will be e-mailed to you