Small Business Internship Program
The Small Business Internship Program (SBIP) funded by Industry Canada provides small and medium-sized enterprises financial support to hire a post secondary student intern to assist them in their adoption of e-business strategies to increase their productivity and competitiveness.
The Small Business Internship Program for 2011-2012 will officially start on April 1, 2011.
For additional information, please consult the following link: .ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sbip-pspe.nsf/eng/home
Looking to hire a co-op student for summer 2011.
There are incentives to help cover their salaries. These will be updated on a regular basis.
Check out the link below
Supporting Students: Serving Communities”
Canada Summer Jobs is a Government of Canada initiative that provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students and is designed to focus on local priorities, while achieving tangible results for both students and their communities.
Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG)
- Grants are available to apprentices and employers when training is successfully completed.
- For additional details please visit the website: hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/tradesapprenticeship/acg/
Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG)
- Provides direct support to apprentices in the first two years of an approved apprenticeship training program.
- For additional details please visit the website: www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/trades_apprenticeship/aig/index.shtml
Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit (OATTC)
- Employers that hire and train apprentices in specific skilled trades may qualify for up to a 25% refundable tax credit on specified expenditures incurred with respect to eligible apprentices.
- For businesses with total payroll costs not exceeding $400,000, the tax credit rate is increased to 30%.
- Over the first 36 months of the apprenticeship employers are eligible for a tax credit of up to $5,000 per year for each eligible apprentice to a maximum of $15,000.
- For additional details please visit the website: rev.gov.on.ca/english/credit/attc/
Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
- Apprentices may qualify for a federal non-refundable tax credit equal to 10% of the eligible salaries and wages.
- The maximum credit is $2,000 per year for each eligible apprentice.
- For additional details please visit the website: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/whtsnw/pprntcshp-eng.html
Apprenticeship Scholarship / Employer Signing Bonus
- Young persons 16 to 24 years of age may qualify for a $1,000 scholarship upon completion of upgrading and subsequent registration in an apprenticeship.
- Employers that support a scholarship candidate’s registration and that provide a minimum of six months training may be eligible for a $2,000 signing bonus.
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs
- Wage subsidies are offered to eligible employers to offset the cost of initial stages of apprenticeship employment.
Graduate Transitions Tax Credit
- Provided by the Ontario government, this tax credit encourages businesses to provide work opportunities to unemployed post-secondary graduates.
- The maximum tax credit is $4,000 for each post-secondary graduate hired and may be claimed when the employee has worked for a minimum of six months.
- For additional details please visit the website: rev.gov.on.ca/english/credit/gttc/
- Training incentives are available for eligible employers providing individual employees with work-related training and development leading to competency in performing full job responsibilities.
- Incentives offset training costs and encourage retention of program participants following placement completion.
- Numerous government programs that may be of interest are listed on the Ontario Economic Development website: www.2ontario.com/software/government_programs.asp
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada can help organizations find information on programs and services that assist in developing the Canadian workforce and the website is: www.hrsdc.gc.ca.
- For a full list of Federal Government Employment Resources for employers hiring young workers visit the website at: www.youth.gc.ca.
- For a full list of Provincial Government Funding Resources visit: www.gov.on.ca.
Small Business Internship Program
- The Small Business Internship Program (SBIP) is a funding opportunity, providing small and medium-sized businesses (< 500 employees) financial support to hire a post-secondary student intern to assist them in their adoption of information and communications technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness.
- For more information please visit sbip.cebacanada.com.